• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

AB763 Lite build...

mmrxcsr01

Starting a single channel ab763 deluxe lite build this week, vmtb, no t or v. Chassis is an 80's Peavey keyboard amp, with the same depth/ front angle, and the length was ok with a bit cut off. Cheap, but pine, Fender cab and road case from the net. I'm thinking either a single 12", or, given Pete Kanaras's suggestion, 2 10" with Beam Blockers (which I have used in other builds with much success),

All the board parts are from Ted Weber's site, and, to be fair, I've NEVER had a bad TW experience. Just sayin'...

Start up photos to follow this weekend.

Special thanks to St Louis' Big Rich McDonough...

More to follow...

TimmyP

Single 12".

I'd try the foam donut - some say it's a lot better than a beam blocker (and so far, no one says it's worse).

phsyconoodler

I've got one that I built in a slightly larger princeton reverb cabinet.Super circuit no trem or verb,1-12 G12M70 Celestion.
This amp kicks ass!
It's my main gigging amp.
I call it the 'Green Bastard'

guiltless

I did one of these not too long ago. Lots of fun!!! I really enjoyed it. I went with VTMB. I also had a switch to lift the NFB loop, another to lift the tone stack and another to switch between Fixed and Cathode Biased.

Have fun!!

mmrxcsr01

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. The cab is a Bantam Bass, received with no baffle or rear panels, stripped of tolex, and stained. OK...it was $50 shipped.

The chassis was a Peavey keyboard amp, a bit too wide for the cab, but it cut easily enough (being aluminum). I sold the 15" speaker that was in it to buy-

The used road case. It is about 5 inches too tall, but, needing some hardware replaced, can be cut and reworked to the correct height.

I have some Garrolite board, which I'll lay out, drill, and install eyelets.

Soon.

I hope....

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
This is on my build wish list as well. I've been thinking about a 1x15 grab and go combo.

I've gathered most all of the parts but may use them for a 763 preamp instead.

Are you thinking 2x6V6 or 6L6?

mmrxcsr01

Smolder- here's the thing. I have a 5e3 and a 5e5 build, so I'm in the neighborhood volume-wise. I'm more interested in the tmb availability, and some clean headroom.
Having said that- I think the 6v6 will do for the usual places I'll be gigging with it. Strat, tele, no pedals, guitar-bass- even handed drummer- the 5e3 has been sufficient for all but the outdoor gigs. Your thoughts? And thanks for the interest-

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
Smolder- here's the thing. I have a 5e3 and a 5e5 build, so I'm in the neighborhood volume-wise. I'm more interested in the tmb availability, and some clean headroom.
Having said that- I think the 6v6 will do for the usual places I'll be gigging with it. Strat, tele, no pedals, guitar-bass- even handed drummer- the 5e3 has been sufficient for all but the outdoor gigs. Your thoughts? And thanks for the interest-
I'd probably do a little research and set up to use both... just hedging the bet.