• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Abandoned Effects Pedals !!!!!

Texsunburst59

How many of you guys own A LOT of pedals that you're no longer using, and have been gathering dust for years?

I gigged for about 28 years, and retired from playing in 2009.

Starting in about 2000 or so I went CRAZY buying and selling A LOT of pedals, and now they're all in boxes inside a large plastic bin.

My son took a few for his board, but I still have about 24 that most likely never be used again.

Here's my list:

Boss :
1. Harmonizer HR-2
2. Compressor CS-2
3. Chorus CE-2
4. Phaser PH-1r

Barber
5. Direct Box
6.Tone Pump

Ibanez
7. Tube Screamer TS-10
8. Tube Screamer TS-9 Keeley Modded
9.Analog Delay AD-9 Keeley Modded (80's )

Pearl
10. Overdrive OD-05
11. Chorus Ch-02

Misc. Pedal:

12. 70's Orange Ross Phaser
13. Menatone Dirty Blonde (early version)
14. Earthquake Tone Job
15. Amalgam Smooth Overdrive
16. Bruce Bennett Brown Sound (1st version)
17. Sub Decay Stupid Box (early version)
18 Source Audio Soundbox 2
19.Pigtronix Disnortion Micro
20. Hotone Krush

21. Dual Hermida Mosferatu
22. Hermida Zendrive (1 of first 20 ever produced)
23. Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive ( 2001 Flame Paint Job)
24 Nobels ODR-1 (early 2001 Version)

magicaxeman

Not long ago had a clear out so not to many left in the cupboard.

1- Zvex Superseek wah
2- EHX Ring thing
3- Hotone reverb
4- EHX Canyon delay

Be kinda cool if we could set up some kind of online swap meet.

monty

I've got a few photocopy paper boxes full of them, lol. Been in the pedal game since the 80's. But I never say never! If I liked them enough to buy at some point, I usually find them useful at some time even if not on my board, usually recording or something.
You have some jems in there though Tex, you can make some decent scratch of Reverb if you decide to flip them.

Texsunburst59

I've got a few photocopy paper boxes full of them, lol. Been in the pedal game since the 80's. But I never say never! If I liked them enough to buy at some point, I usually find them useful at some time even if not on my board, usually recording or something.
You have some jems in there though Tex, you can make some decent scratch of Reverb if you decide to flip them.
Yea Monty, but I don't ship and never ever will.

flyonthewall150

Silver Supporting Member
I have a shelf with a bunch of currently not used pedals divided by 'shelf with pedals I like but don't need right now' and then the shelf below with 'pedals I own that are just so-so'. Some of them aren't particularly valuable or worth selling, and I know that I may need one in the future or for a different board so I keep em' around.

coltonius

Señor Member
Not long ago had a clear out so not to many left in the cupboard.

1- Zvex Superseek wah
2- EHX Ring thing
3- Hotone reverb
4- EHX Canyon delay

Be kinda cool if we could set up some kind of online swap meet.
If only there were a place on TGP where items of a certain type could be bought, sold, and traded... ;)

stanshall

How many of you guys own A LOT of pedals that you're no longer using, and have been gathering dust for years?

I gigged for about 28 years, and retired from playing in 2009.

Starting in about 2000 or so I went CRAZY buying and selling A LOT of pedals, and now they're all in boxes inside a large plastic bin.

My son took a few for his board, but I still have about 24 that most likely never be used again.

Here's my list:

Boss :
1. Harmonizer HR-2
2. Compressor CS-2
3. Chorus CE-2
4. Phaser PH-1r

Barber
5. Direct Box
6.Tone Pump

Ibanez
7. Tube Screamer TS-10
8. Tube Screamer TS-9 Keeley Modded
9.Analog Delay AD-9 Keeley Modded (80's )

Pearl
10. Overdrive OD-05
11. Chorus Ch-02

Misc. Pedal:

12. 70's Orange Ross Phaser
13. Menatone Dirty Blonde (early version)
14. Earthquake Tone Job
15. Amalgam Smooth Overdrive
16. Bruce Bennett Brown Sound (1st version)
17. Sub Decay Stupid Box (early version)
18 Source Audio Soundbox 2
19.Pigtronix Disnortion Micro
20. Hotone Krush

21. Dual Hermida Mosferatu
22. Hermida Zendrive (1 of first 20 ever produced)
23. Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive ( 2001 Flame Paint Job)
24 Nobels ODR-1 (early 2001 Version)
of the pedals you listed personally I've only had the a CE-2 and the TS10, both great ....

maybe keep the Boss CE-2 and PH-1r pedals, the Ibanez TS10, the '70s orange Ross phaser,

as well as the Pearl overdrive, and the Hermida, Nobels, and Subdecay ....? of the other pedals I've had some Ross and some EQD .... liked them too

definitely some other good ones there, if you keep say eight pedals you'd be set up for two nice small mix and match sets, Barber reportedly is stopping production ...

some of these things are on the way to being antiques, good reason to hang on to a few

Texsunburst59

When you say retired from playing do you mean from gigging or do you no longer play guitar?

I'm retired from gigging, and most likely never will again.

I have a home studio that I go into 3 times a week and jam for several hours on different guitars and work on leads and rhythms.

I just go straight into the amp sans pedals.

Trending Topics