• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

ABB/1991

Dawg76

Silver Supporting Member
Looks like this is likely from the Live at Great Woods show 9/6/91 (now the Comcast Center). I was there for the princely sum of $21. The only time I've seem them; a great line-up to say the least.

p.s. I understand the DVD of this was severley hacked up with interviews and the like; so find the VHS or don't bother.

Pickaxe

I'm still amazed at the fire Dickey and Warren played with for the first years after Warren was in the band.
And Woody was driving the bus with delicious lead bass!

JRC4558Dude

p.s. I understand the DVD of this was severley hacked up with interviews and the like; so find the VHS or don't bother.
The DVD version is indeed cut up, with very few complete songs. It is a TOTAL RIPOFF, and will drive any ABB fan absolutely nuts. Get the VHS!

Love the Great Woods show. Dynamite stuff!!!

Warren is just on fire on this cut. Such a great lineup.

I also like how Dickey cues the band just with subtle nods, and raising the guitar's neck.

Last edited:

dlc1953

Looks like this is likely from the Live at Great Woods show 9/6/91 (now the Comcast Center). I was there for the princely sum of $21. The only time I've seem them; a great line-up to say the least.

Thanks for the tip!

Average Joe

I agree, I do like Trucks playing tho...
Trucks is fantastic. An outstanding musician to be sure. But I must admit that in the current lineup I miss the sound of Betts. It's not about talent of facility which Haynes and Trucks have plenty of but I miss Bett's voice on the instrument when they play the classic songs.

Much the same way that it always sound a bit "off" to hear one of Roger Waters' great sidemen play Gilmours parts. The talent is there but the voice is wrong.

dlc1953

Trucks is fantastic. An outstanding musician to be sure. But I must admit that in the current lineup I miss the sound of Betts. It's not about talent of facility which Haynes and Trucks have plenty of but I miss Bett's voice on the instrument when they play the classic songs.

Much the same way that it always sound a bit "off" to hear one of Roger Waters' great sidemen play Gilmours parts. The talent is there but the voice is wrong.
Ya I hear ya! So signature with him in the lineup.

Geetar_Will

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for that. It's really something what you have to stop whatever you're doing part way through a video and watch the whole thing. Never heard a version of that song I liked more.

Trending Topics