• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Aboriginal Goannacaster

OK, this might not be for everyone, but here she is.

Neck and middle pickups are OC Duff Fillmore and the bridge pickup is an OC Duff Plankster Tele pickup. The Hipshot trem is excellent! Kudos to my talented wife for painting the body.

ducmike

Gold Supporting Member
That looks great. wouldn't mind seeing close ups of the paint work.

I agree, the Hipshot is an outstanding trem, so smooth.

CyberFerret

When I saw the thread title, I thought uh oh... but when I saw the pic, I thought "COOL!". :aok

That looks great. What was the inspiration behind it? As you probably know, most Australian Aboriginal paintings represent sacred places or totems to a particular tribe or area. The dot patterns and style usually has a meaning or interpretation behind it.

Then again, a lot of the recent ones are just paintings which are aesthetically pleasing, so it's all good whichever way you look at it...

jbxFree

That design is a helluva lot of fun! Congrats! I can feel the hot aussie sun from here :)

Warrants a new pickguard IMO... a few unfinished ideas pop to mind...

Enjoy your new axe!

Guitarworks

Wow! Cool. I like guitars with color, and I often feel the need to bust out of traditional finishes from time to time. These do it. I especially like the green guard version. Way to promote creativity, people!

That design is a helluva lot of fun! Congrats! I can feel the hot aussie sun from here :)

Warrants a new pickguard IMO... a few unfinished ideas pop to mind...

Enjoy your new axe!

Thanks to all, and especially for this. I've been trying to come up with ideas for pickguard and knobs. The white pearloid was intended as a temporary item.

murkat

I like sea otters
Very cool!
and like very much,
as well as the tele /strat concept!
been threatening myself to build
a tele with a strat top side and cuts
but with only two pickups.... mmmm
motivation.... ;)

Very nice indeed

Trending Topics