about Boss SD-1 mods

Rydell

There's a really creative guy called 11Gauge on TDPRI who's posted mods to rewire the SD-1 into some other popular pedals; ZD, OCD, Eternity, etc. Also found a great SD-1>CJOD mod on FSB by analoguru. Good stuff!

There's a really creative guy called 11Gauge on TDPRI who's posted mods to rewire the SD-1 into some other popular pedals; ZD, OCD, Eternity, etc. Also found a great SD-1>CJOD mod on FSB by analoguru. Good stuff!
yes! his sd1 to fulldrive sounds spot on

kahluabeer

i think u can mod it with quick and cheap
1.replace the ic with high quality...u can go with burr brown..analog device..or etc it will reduce noise
2.remove one of the clipping diode with 3mm/5mm led...the colours of the led will change your sound...it will make your sd1 louder

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I don't do mods on my own gear at all. not on my pedals, my amps, or my guitar. I'm not sure why people keep suggesting that when I've already made myself pretty clear about that.

strat68

I work in an area with pawn shops in walking distance and had been picking up Boss pedals cheap and sending them to analog man for mods. I have 2 AM SD-1s. The first one I got was the silver mod, which doesn't sound like it will suit the OP. The second one I just got the mod without the silver and no switch (asymmetrical only) and it was an early Taiwan one so I had the ASA/PSA thing done and an LED. Both pedals are great- I would sum it to say the strength of the 808/silver is rootsy playing or polite gigs as it's so smooth. The asymm only mod is a good hard rock pedal, great for rhythm guitar. Or together with an AM blues driver for leads.

brn2run56

I have a Keeley modded SD-1 on my board right next to a TS-9.
They have a very different character. The SD-1 can go to a
raunchy, chain saw sounding place that the TS-9 just will not do.

freaksho

do any of these mods include a fix of the bypass bleed? mine stays in a drawer due to this more than anything else.

mixn4him

Silver Supporting Member
do any of these mods include a fix of the bypass bleed? mine stays in a drawer due to this more than anything else.
There is a mod out there for this, just Google around, cost me less then $2 in parts works great!

Trending Topics