? about using Lovepedal Vibe in place of chorus pedal...

rul8agn

I'm in a P&W band and am currently using an EHX Small Clone. I like it, but it isn't very small. Can the Lovepedal Vibe pull off a chorus type effect? That would be ideal because then I could use it for that and then when needed just turn the knob and get my vibe effect. I mainly use chorus on chords and sometimes on lead fills. Will this pedal do what I need?

mgarrison99

Platinum Supporting Member
I had a MicroVibe but it really didn't replace my chorus. I used to have a Small Clone as well, but eventually found a Boss CE2 to replace it. It adds a bit different color, but I've been very pleased and have only "looked back" a couple of times.

Another possible compact replacement might be an MXR Phase 90 or maybe a little Guyatone Chorus

fendergeek

If you like the sound of your EHX Small Clone trade it or sell it for a Nano Clone. Try the Dano Chicken Salad, pretty cool for the money!

slopeshoulder

NO! LP Vibe is totally differtent and not subtle. The internal intensity knob is sorta useless; it's set to the sweet spot, move it and the pedal sounds like a synth harmonica. Good pedal, but not what you're looking for.

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
Nope. Vibe is a phaser/vibe pedal and the chorus is a chorus. Different sounds altogether. With the upgrade cost to a Vibe you could just build a bigger pedalboard.

rul8agn

Looks like an Analogman Mini Clone is in my future then. Thanks for the replies. Just pulling at straws for something that didn't really make sense in the first place.

mgarrison99

Platinum Supporting Member
BTW... NanoClone is pretty worthless as well. I couldn't stand it, and finally unloaded it for pennies on the dollar. EH says it does not have the same bucket brigade technology as the Small Clone.

Good luck!

A

adirondack

Looks like an Analogman Mini Clone is in my future then. Thanks for the replies. Just pulling at straws for something that didn't really make sense in the first place.
i use a mini clone and am VERY happy with it. i also recently picked up an mxr vintage 74 reissue phaser. But i think the phaser is a different animal and may add more swirl than you're looking for. go with the mini clone. it's a great sounding, more compact and versatile pedal. good luck.

rul8agn

I actually forgot that I started this topic. I recently got an Analogman Bi-Chorus. It is SWEEEEEET!! to say the least. This will be my LAST chorus pedal. I still may get a Lovepedal Vibe just for something a bit different.

Trending Topics