• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

"Absolute Max" Plate Dissipation?

bscepter

Okay, so I've heard that the max plate dissipation of the G.E.C. KT66 (and its copies) is 25w. However, their spec sheet says that the tube's "absolute max" is 30w. What's the difference? I thought, by definition, the word "max" meant "absolute."

I'm confused...

bscepter

Originally posted by Old Tele man
...see, the Brits didn't write value-specs any better than we Yanks write tube-specs!
Hmm. I guess so... Then again, G.E.C. I think stands for General Electric Company, as I think they bought out Marconi-Osram. Not sure, though.

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by bscepter
Hmm. I guess so... Then again, G.E.C. I think stands for General Electric Company, as I think they bought out Marconi-Osram. Not sure, though.