ABY pedal - which one to get?

lemmiwinks

Thanks. I've heard the passive switchers can cause tone degradation when used to run two amps. That is,when the signal is going Y. Which will be my main application.

J.Paul

I'm looking for a small footprint ABY pedal. Any suggestions?
Yeah the Loopmasters are nice.

Footprint??Radial makes one that is smaller and shorter, however it doesn't have a tuner out (which can be no big deal), nor does it have lights to let you know what is engaged (which CAN be a bigee) like the Loopmasters do.

In terms of what you've heard about passive switchers degradating the signal.... if you have the time, turn it up and listen for yourself. I think I'll make that my next DIY experiment and see for myself.Good luck.

devnulljp

Are you looking to switch or to drive two amps at once?
Switch: Radial
Run two at once: decent stereo pedal like jfromel's Seraph.

tonyhay

I have a little Loopmaster ABY with with two LEDS. It works great, completely silent, very well built, takes up very little space.

Kelsey

Radial makes 3 ABY units, two active (JX-2 Switchbone and Twin City) and one passive (one of the smaller Bones pedals). I have the Switchbone, and it's great unit with polarity and ground switches, separate tuner out, a wonderful mid boost option, and a great sounding buffer with variable impedance control (drag). The Twin City would be the closest to the Switchbone in a smaller package.

lemmiwinks

Thanks. There's some great information.
I'll tell you what I'm up to and you'll probably thinks it's a little excessive, and honestly, it is a little excessive, but I have to try it. I'm running two BF Super Reverbs in stereo right now. I also own a 1968 Twin Reverb. Currently, I split my signal with a maxon sc9 pro > timefactor > BFSR's. This happens after a few overdrives and modulations. I was thinking if i split the signal before the maxon and had it going to my Twin (center channel) and then had the other signal going to my maxon sc> time factor > SuperReverb's (left and right). Then make the mix on the delay 100% wet and crank the chorus's mix also. So delays/chorus/reverbs coming out of the left and right, middle would just be affected by distortions and such. And then set that stuff up and try to find the lost chord or maybe less ambitiously, just the brown note. Has anyone tried this setup?
I don't think i'll ever bring it out to a gig, cause i know the sound guy will curse me, but it could be some fun at my jam space.
So what type of splitter i am looking for?

Trending Topics