ABY pedal

Mack72

I was considering an ABY pedal just for messin' around. Was looking at the Radial Twin City Bones which seems to be a solid pedal for the job, $160 new. Can easily get them used as well for around $125'ish.
Then I saw the Orange Amp Detonator for $180. Good reviews on it thus far.
Anyone have experience with the Orange? Worth the extra dough? Is it the roll bar that did it? I mean, maybe I can smash my guitar on it or even drive my car over it...
Thx!

stinkfoot

+ 1 on the above. It has all the stuff you need to split to two amps quietly and cleanly - buffer, isolation and phase switch. But I suppose it depends on what you want to do, specifically. The specs for an ABY to be used as an amp splitter are quite different from if you're going to split on the pedalboard (to place effects in parallel, and re-join them later in the chain through a mixer). So if you you could define "messin' around" a little more, it would be easier to suggest something suitable :)

Mack72

I was just going to split the guitar signal to 2 amp heads, each with its own cab. One amp has the pedalboard, the other is dry.
Would likely just experiment with the 2 amps played at the same time mostly. No recording or gigging with this rig. I've had the other amp/cap sitting around and I like to plug into it once in a while.
(When we do gig, it would just be my one amp with the effects as usual. Not interested in lugging all of it around, especially since we have 2 guitarists)

stinkfoot

Ok - for that purpose, the Twin City would be ideal. It will buffer the split, let you lift the ground on one of the amps (to deal with ground loop hum) and flip the phase of that amp (in case they are out of phase out of the box). Top job!

Trending Topics