ABY questions

yoshua

I've been on the hunt for an ABY pedal, primarily for the Y function. My main concern is signal loss from the split, I'd like the signal strength hitting the individual amps to be just as though I were playing them in a normal gtr-cable-single amp fashion.

could that be accomplished with a simple radial aby, or would I need to go lehle or the like to assure a pristine duplication of the guitar sound.

SpaceFlunky

Ive been wondering the same thing actually. Cause i can go the "cheap" way and get me a ABY box from Loop Master or get a Lehle.

Anyone ever try both?

Dawg76

Silver Supporting Member
Funny you should ask.

Just received an ABY box from Brian at Loop-Master and tried it out yesterday. ABY'd a '76 SFPR and a Billm-modded Blues Junior, both with their own ext cabs. First ABY box I've had after playing 30+ years. What a blast; especially the "Y".
Gives new meaning to little ditties like Smoke on the Water and Train Train.

Now how does one ever go back to playing thru just one amp??

Primakurtz

Do not waste money on the Morley - worst device ever.

I think the Radial and Lehle are both terrific.

Ginglymus

this1smyne does excellent work at a very good price. He might be able to build you one with a buffer that is active in the "Y" position only.

http://this1smyne.com/pedals.html

He also has a thread in the manufacturers emporium, and is great at answering this sort of question.

RIMRAK

plain ole radial. like 60 bucks. has polarity switch, which is the most important feature. no led, but i like mine.

chunkomatic

Now how does one ever go back to playing thru just one amp??
you don't. you're screwed. i've been doing this for months and CANNOT stop. sometimes i play just to hear two heads singing in unison. now i want to run three or four heads at the same time. like bonamassa without the talent. :roll

Trending Topics