ABYs for a 5E3's channel switching

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brettf, Dec 21, 2009.

1. brettf

brettf Member

What are some good ABY pedals for simply switching between channels on a Tweed Deluxe(lil dawg)?

The EHX Switch Blade Nano looks simple enough, any experience with this pedal?

Also, I saw a boss LS-2 at the music store, is there a way to make that work?

2. Tiny Montgomery

Tiny Montgomery Supporting Member

The switchblade is an A/B, not ABY. If you're just switching, and not combining, the channels, that's fine, though.

I rewired mine a little to ground the switch, but it comes with a 3PDT, even though they only use 3 lugs of it, so no extra parts are necessary to do that. I was having minor bleed issues before rewiring it, but it's fine, now.

3. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

Morley ABY's can usually be found pretty cheap.

4. brewbaker

brewbaker Supporting Member

5. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

I've always had good luck with Startouch AB and ABY pedals.
    www.guitareffectspedals.com carries them.

Lots of good stuff though, but for a passive box, its a darn good one.

6. PeterUK

PeterUK Supporting Member

I've got one of these but I upgraded to its big brother, the Switchbone. I do blend the channels through my Deluxe Reverb and with no LEDs on the BigShot you can easily forget where you are.

The downside of the Switchbone is it's expensive and uses a 15v power supply which very few power supplies deliver. It does come with its own PS but its an extra item to plug in.

Radial have, however, released the Twin City and this seems to have all the features of the Switchbone apart from the boost pedal, which I must confess I do use frequently as it's a adjustable clean boost (+5dB and +10dB) plus it uses a 9v supply.

Here's the Twin City:

[​IMG]

Here's my pedalboard with my Switchbone powered by a Burkey PS:​

[​IMG]

Hope some of this helps.​

:) Peter​

7. Darl

Darl Supporting Member

Resurrecting this thread as a new 5e3 owner (Crema Wheat, oh yeah!). Was curious if 5e3 users incorporate much channel switching in their gigs with 5e3 amps? I can easily see not doing it, but curious what people like to do.