• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

AC 15 or AC 30?

E

easymoney

I've been doing some serious thinking and trying to decide which would better suit my needs, I'll be playing small clubs and also playing on stage at church, at church I'll be mic'd. In the clubs, most of the time would be mic'd.

Basically I'm trying to find out if the AC 15 would be loud enough without TOO much breakup.

Thanks!

The AC15 is LOUD (I have a newer chinese-made custom classic).

I play it mic'd in church just to keep stage volume under control, but when I am alone in the dining room it can be absolutely gut pounding loud. And at a few jams I've been at it easily keeps up with a full PA, unmic'd. And believe me you'll be glad you won't have to lug a 75 lb 2x12 AC30 around.

I've been told many times I should upgrade the speaker, but so far I'm happy with what comes out of it.

E

easymoney

sweet, i figured that'd be the case. plus, i have absolutely no desire to carry an ac30 around. unless i had some sweet road crew to do it for me.

Transverse

Just keep in mind with the AC15 combo there is no external speaker cab jack (last I looked) so if you end up wanting to expand you'll have to get a different rig. Not saying you'll need it..I've heard a 15 and its pretty loud and if you're gonna be mic'd then you have little to worry about...but if you get the head you won't have that to worry about plus you can throw your choice of speakers at it.

-T

DickensCPA

I had an AC15CC until about 2 weeks ago. It does have an ext speaker jack. I put a Red Fang in mine and I had an additional 1X12 cab w a Red Fang also. The Red Fangs were 16ohms and I just clicked over to 8ohms and ran them together.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
AC15CC is a solid amp and it has an external speaker jack. It's light and if you're mic'ing, you don't need to lug that AC30 around. It's loud enough to hear without too much break up. You can always push it right to the edge of break up and back off the volume pot on the guitar. That way you'll get a little extra bark if you need it by cranking up the guitar without stepping on a pedal.

shark_bite

Bad Cat Cub IIR... I was thinking about a lot of the same stuff and that's what I ended up with. Sounded best... no looking back.

cyguitar

Yes the AC30 is heavier, but it has more ooommph to it. Maybe it's the extra speaker, or the extra wattage. It's worth the extra weight. Besides it's just a beautiful amp, especially with these.

Last edited:

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
If your miced the AC15CC will be fine. One of the big reasons I sold my AC15TBX for an AC30CC1 was the volume. I found the AC15TBX fell a little short on volume and I got buried in a few band practices. The AC30CC1 had the opposite problem it was hard to keep reined in.

billygoat

Silver Supporting Member
Ac15's and Fender deluxe's are not loud enough for my current gig on their own. So I always try to get a 30-50 watt gigging amp.

Right now my setup's a Dr. Z Z28 and a 69 Vibrolux Reverb. Neither hugely powerful, so I can run them each a little lower and have some clean hedroom when played together

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
I had an AC30CC2 with Weber Blues. Great amp, no doubt. It was loud and heavy. I'm currently tricking out an AC15CC1 with 30 watt ceramic blue dog plus I've got a 2x12 extension cab so that I can make it rock if I need. This rig seems better/more flexible to me and doesn't kill my ears or back.

Trending Topics