AC/DC - Kemper JMP Profiles from A/M Audio

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by SkyhighRocks, Feb 22, 2015.

1. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

Profiled a '78 JMP yesterday in the studio and threw this track together really quickly. It probably has a little too much gain but that's easy enough to fix if you wanted to. I'm still hoping to release these profiles soon after I live with them for a little while and test them more. Whatcha think?

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/richantonelli/am-audio-jmp-profile-demo-acdc[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. rdamato

rdamato Supporting Member

Are they your vocals??? Terrific!!

Yes, I think it sounds a bit compressed, but..... I have a Kemper and would be thrilled to have this profile in my library. Very nice. Let us know if you put it on the rig exchange if your could send it to me via email, I'd appreciate it.

Ron

3. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

Thanks Ron!

There is compression on the entire mix mainly because of the backing track but yeah there's still a little extra gain on the guitars which I like. I want going for a true AC/DC tone.

The profiles, if I get them the way I like them, will probably be for sale through A/M Audio. I'll post links here once set up.

4. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Please don't play the F# on the high E string when you do the F#/D chord :D

5. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

6. donbarzini

donbarzini Member

lol

7. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

Sounds good man. Like you said, maybe a "touch too much" (see what I did there) gain but I'd make use of that sound for sure.

8. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

I agree...too much gain for that tune but I prefer more gain. I appreciate you checking it out. I'm still testing these profiles and on certain things they sound great while on others they're ok.

9. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

Nah... not too much gain. When I setup for my mid gain crunchy tones (which is what i use to play AC/DC songs live) I shoot for the Back in Black Malcolm Yound JMP 2203 tone. Big... Punchy... medium gain...

If you come see my band play live, my tone will be similar. It takes way more volume on stage to get the low gain sustain needed... so I make up for it with a little more gain than you'd hear on record. (AC/DC Live sounds a little hotter than the records too.)

10. db9091

db9091 Member

I've been using Andy's TAF JMP for this. Yeah, the crunch is in the pickups, not the amp gain so much. I never use compression.

The REAL sound comes from 2 sets of guitars, slightly chorused by their tuning. So simple, and yet somehow so complex. Gotta love AC/DC.

11. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

I said on rig talk that it's really a fine line when profiling. Not everyone has your ears and will like what you like for tone. I prefer a gainier, brighter tone for playing live so my profiles usually reflect that. There's really no wrong or right to it...it's all in what people prefer for their sound and how they intend to use it. These profiles were done through 75s which are a bright speaker. The mic was a 421 which is somewhat bright but not like a 57. Listening back on really flat monitors in the studio, the profiles sounded nice. Here at home, my monitors add highs so they sound like they have a tad too much bite.

12. donbarzini

donbarzini Member

Chad is a nice male….

13. gibson5413

gibson5413 Member

Lulz!