1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

AC/DC next record

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by rocker, Feb 14, 2008.

1. rocker

rocker Member

Rick at Wizard amps teams up whit AC/DC in Vancuver the end of this month to start the work on their next record.Finally:BEER

2. rocker

rocker Member

This tread should have been in Amps and Cabs.:D

3. Echoes

Echoes Senior Member

how much for the Wizard 'AC/DC' model amp?

4. MesieBooga

MesieBooga Member

Looking forward! :dude

5. angusfan

angusfan Member

First Off Wrong area, Can Someone please move this.

Last thing I heard about 2 months ago the Brothers were still not talking to each other. I heard there was a fight in the studio.

6. rocker

rocker Member

Yeah sorry I put this tread the wrong place.I got this info by ac/dc amp tech for the last 20 years so....

7. Roe

Roe Member

this is great news!

8. JPERRYROCKS

JPERRYROCKS Member

People have been saying there's a new AC/DC record coming since 2004/2005. I've heard conflicting reports of why it hasn't happened, but who really knows for sure.

It's been almost 8 years since the last one. Even if the band started today, you'll likely never see it before late 2009/ early 2010 with how slow they work.

I'd say there's a good chance you'll never see a new AC/DC record. Brian Johnson is 60 years old, and I don't know how much gas he last left in the tank to belt out another record and tour again.

AC/DC's last really good album was 1990's The Razor's Edge. They've had 2 other albums in the last 18 years.

Me thinks their time has come to bask in the glory of retirement.

Just put your old AC/DC records on and rock out :dude

9. Renardm

Renardm Member

Yeah I have been hearing that this is ready to come out for the last few years. Brian was even quoted as saying that the riffs were much heavier this time around. I thought the thing was done! I have also heard that Angus isn't in the greatest health.

10. JPERRYROCKS

JPERRYROCKS Member

AC/DC Officially Shoots Down Swiss Club Gig Report - Jan. 12, 2008 Australian hard rock legends AC/DC have released the following statement:

"Contrary to rumours floating around the internet, AC/DC will not be playing at a special club performance in Switzerland in late January."

AC/DC's record label, Albert Music, told Undercover News earlier in the week that, despite reports to the contrary, the band is not in the studio, is not recording with Mutt Lange and does not have a title for an album which has been widely reported to be called "Strap It On" (a title which was apparently made up by a fan).

"If you ask me if they're in the studio today, I can tell you they're not," Albert Records' Danny Keenan said. "If you ask me if they were in the studio last week, I can tell you they're not. If you ask me if they're in the studio next week, I can tell you they're not.

"We're pretty hopeful, but unfortunately there is no word of an album at this stage."

11. Roe

Roe Member

the 2 last albums were much better than razor's edge

12. scott1568

scott1568 Member

A few months ago, there was some news about album/tour citing Angus' my space page, which I checked out and it was there.

I guess things have changed according to the above post from their representatives. Too bad. I missed the Stiff Upper Lip Tour. I have seen them 6 times. Best concerts I've been to. I was hoping they could get out one last time. But, they are getting older, and Angus' onstage antics must be taxing.