AC15C1 (Stock) and OCD/Other?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dale, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Dale

Dale Member

I have been searching youtube, here and other places for a sense of how the OCD plays with the AC15c1 stock. I like the amp without making any mods and I tend to use the TB channel. I specifically tend to use this as my bas setting: http://drpietrzak.com/music/AC15C1S.jpg .

I play humbuckers, LPs, Washburn, CP Jag HH, etc. I am looking for a pedal that I can use for a grunty sound for rhythm work. I have tried a number of pedals and either have not hit the setting for the rhythm sound I want or just have not hit the right pedal.

I have tried: DSL(v2), Thunderchief, Screw Driver, 69mkII, Lunar Module, Gainster, Les Luis, WF Rat, Huckleberry, Fuzzhead, and several others. I can get the sound I want from these pedals with other amps. It is just this amp-speaker I am trying to get this basic tone from now.

I get close with several but ther eis a fizzy or harsh edge tot the top I am not liking. I know I could mod the amp, or use my others, but a 1 pedal addition here would be a great grab and go alternative for me. I was wondering how these pedals might do for the grunty gritty thing with this amp set up.

OCD
    Plimsoul
    Box of Rock
    Plexitone
    Plexi-drive

Maybe it is just he pedal settings I have tried so far ...

Thoughts and ideas are welcome.

2. thealmightycapo

thealmightycapo Member

I use an OCD for my solo/lead sound in my rig and it sounds awesome for that. It's a great match with the AC15C1. I now have it modded, but it sounds excellent on the stock amp too. (PS... mods make a big difference, I would recommend at least looking into them :) If it works for you depends on how much gain you need for a rhythm sound. I'm a very low gain player so you might find it a great rhythm pedal. I'd say try one form PGS and if you don't like it, you can always send it back. But the OCD is a classic and sounds awesome.

3. Shinequwa

Shinequwa Member

I had a Dr.Z Stang Ray, which is I believe is based on a non top boost AC-30. Both the OCD and the Plimsoul worked great with that amp for me!

4. Dale

Dale Member

Thanks! I appreciate it. I REALLY like the tone from the amp/speaker just as it is right now. I have several other amps and this is just what I want without mods from it. I just need this one like thing (I am OCD myself I guess!) from this rig.

5. Dale

Dale Member

I was digging through my older piles of pedals. I stumbled into a couple of old Marshall pedals that I thought I would try. The Gov'2+ and the Jackhammer. The Jackhammer was really nice with this amp using these settings and humbuckers. I was using the OD side of it. There is obviously something seriously wring with me. The Jackhammer is not a boutique pedal at all not a TGP favorite that I recall. I do not think I need to look further at this point. Who'da thunk?

6. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

Yo my OCD brutha. 3 months late but, if you're still looking, a Barber LTD SR does the rhythm thing without any, I mean any high end fizz. Works great with this amp, no mods, and is my low gain rhythm box.

Just throwing' it out there for ya.

7. Dale

Dale Member

Thanks ... that is one I have looked at but not pulled out the cash for as yet.

8. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Supporting Member

You might want to look at a Red Llama to. Grunty and Gritty is how I would describe it.

I don't have a C1 though so take it with a grain of salt.