AC15C1 Tube Recommendations

TR in NC

Just received my Vox AC15C1 this week and I'm really impressed with this amp. I plan on replacing the stock Chinese tubes to really make this amp shine. Right now I'm thinking on going with Tung-Sol Reissue 12AX7's and JJ EL84's. I'd like to know what TGP recommends for this amp.

guitkrazy

I am in agreement- I love the JJ 84's I think JJ's give a little more tightness- and as of late I use EHX 12AX7- and the combo has been pretty good!

TR in NC

I've had the JJ EL84's in other amps which I really liked but I don't have any experience with the TS Reissues in this particular amp. I have a couple of friends which really like the TS but again they aren't running them in Vox amps. It'll probrobly take me a week or so to get the tubes in, I'll post my findings. Anyone with their favorite tubes in Vox amps?.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I've got some JJ EC83s that I'm putting into the pre-section and I'm looking for a AT or AU7 to put in there too. I'm probably going with JJ's for the EL84s once I find someone to trade my new 6V6 JJs that are sitting around collecting dust.

I'll let you know how it goes after this weekend.

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
Stick one NOS or better yet for affordability a used NOS in the v1 slot, ie 12ax7.

devbro

I put Tung-sol 12AX7's and JJ EL84's in mine and it shines!

V1 is the one furthest left looking from the back (the one with the guard)
V2 in the middle
V3 far right.

TR in NC

Thanks devbro, so can you confirm V3 the phase inverter?

I put Tung-sol 12AX7's and JJ EL84's in mine and it shines!

V1 is the one furthest left looking from the back (the one with the guard)
V2 in the middle
V3 far right.

devbro

I did the same search 2 weeks ago and that what I was told. Makes sense that V1 would have the tube guard to avoid rattling. PI would not likely be next to V1. To me it really didnt matter because I put all brand new Tung-sols in. To be safe you could buy all balanced triode 12AX7's if your in the camp that believes you can hear the difference between a balanced and unbalanced PI.

TR in NC

I did the same search 2 weeks ago and that what I was told. Makes sense that V1 would have the tube guard to avoid rattling. PI would not likely be next to V1. To me it really didnt matter because I put all brand new Tung-sols in. To be safe you could buy all balanced triode 12AX7's if your in the camp that believes you can hear the difference between a balanced and unbalanced PI.
Thanks, appreciate your help.

Trending Topics