• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

AC15CC Questions, HELP!

E

easymoney

I've got the chance to purchase one of these for around $400 and that seems like a fairly decent deal.

Basically I'm concerned about how well this amp will keep up in a band setting. I'll mainly be playing small clubs/bars with this guy and also playing it at church. The amp is going to be mic'd, but it's gonna be keeping up with another guitarist, bassist and a drummer.

I don't need a ton of clean headroom, just going for slight break-up then getting the rest of the way with my dirt pedals.

Would the AC15 be practical for this application or should I start looking for a good deal on an AC30? (which I'm concerned about being TOO much amp for what I need)

Thanks guys!

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I think you'll be fine... I too am looking at adding one to my lineup. I'm using another 15 watt amp (Blues Jr) and it's plenty loud with bassist/drummer. In reference to another guitar player, if he's using a bigger/more powerful amp, just don't set up next to him... you'll find the smaller 1x12 15 watt amp will be great when mic'ing.

jayn

I borrowed our singer's AC15CC1 at a gig and it was fine...small club, drums, bass, not mic'd. I had the volume at about 10 o' clock, on a milk crate, master dimed. It was breaking up a bit with a Gretsch, but not a lot. Got a lot of compliments on tone that night... Pretty funny for a $400 amp.

utterhack

If you don't need squeaky-clean it'll be fine.

And if you did need squeaky-clean you'd probably be looking at a Fender anyway ;)

Trending Topics