AC15CC Speaker Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by thudle, Apr 20, 2008.

1. thudle

thudle Member

I have the AC15 with the Warfdale speaker, and I'm looking to upgrade to the Celestion Blue. This may seem like a dumb question, but how many ohms should the Celestion Blue be? On the guitar center website description it says that it is 16ohms, but in the handbook it says it's 8ohms. I just don't want to end up buying the wrong one. Thanks!

2. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

the celestion blue's come in both 8 and 16 ohms, and your amp has a switch setting to match the speakers ohms, for whichever one you may get. most stock ac15cc come with 8 ohm speakers.

3. thudle

thudle Member

awesome, thank you!

4. djinn1973

djinn1973 Member

if you have the cc with the Wharfdale its 16 ohms

5. I-IV-V

I-IV-V Member

This AC15 sounds pretty good with this speaker. I'm thinking about getting one for one of my amps (I don't have an AC15).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X882Wq1qTpI&feature=related

I read the rules and I think it's okay to post this here. If not, please let me know. And by the way, I am not affiliated with the speaker company or Indy Guitarist.

6. FJTurner

FJTurner Member

I had an AC15CC w/ the Wharfdale speaker and upgraded to a Blue. What suprised me afterward was how good-sounding the Wharfdale is. Very chimey and "Blue" sounding for a ceramic magnet speaker.

7. buchla300

buchla300 Member

I have an old Eagle Bird amp which has a wharfedale speaker. Didn't know anyone else used them!