AC15CC-Which Speaker?

If you were going to buyan AC15CC would you buy the Alnico Blue one, or save 300 and go with the Wharfdales?

The pros of the Wharfdales are obvious, an extra 300 in my pocket, but will the Blue be worth an extra 300?

If all else fails, what are some other AC15 style amps in this price?

Teahead

You could always pick up the wharfdale model, see how you like it, then try a Weber Blue for half the cost of a Celestion if the time comes?

dave s

My CC2 came with the Wharfdales. I swallowed really hard and went with the Celestion Blues. Did get a deal because they were second-hand, but no regrets.

The amp sounds fantastic and the nasally whine that couldn't be EQ'd out of the Wharfdales is gone. It's been replaced with the really sweet compressed top end of the Blues.

Paying that kind of money for speakers is a tough nut to swallow, but I'm certainly happy with the results.

dave

I just popped a Weber Bluedog into mine and I'm really blown away by the sound. I'm now in the process of installing a custom wound output transformer... A local amp tech/builder has told me the Weber is the best speaker he's heard and in combination with the custom transformer the sound will be killer.

Flying Panda

Buy the one loaded with the Wharfedale, then just buy a Blue to put in it for $249. You'll have saved around $100, and you'll either have a spare speaker or a Wharf to sell. You should be able to get an AC15cc off the floor somewhere for $550.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom