AC15CC1 with dirt pedals vs. Egnater Renegade combo

WienerDog

Silver Supporting Member
Trying to decide what rig to go with, from purely a GREAT TONE perspective.

Which of these two amp options would you choose?

Casadebomba

Trying to decide what rig to go with, from purely a GREAT TONE perspective.

Which of these two amp options would you choose?

Hey man..I own both amps and gig with them. I prefer the AC-15 with my pedalboard. However...the Rebel 20 is perfectly useable and tends to like my line 6 M13 better.

Sometimes I run them both at the same time with a a/b box...

Ricky Rod

Pat Healy

^^^
He was asking about the Renegade, not the Rebel...

Two completely different setups. I'd think the decision would be pretty clear, based on what kind of tones you like. The Renegade will get you a great Fender tone on the clean channel and a great modded Marshall tone on the dirt channel. The AC15 will get you as many flavors of the Vox thing, as you have pedals.

Personally I prefer amp distortion, and I like Fender and Marshall tones, so for me the Renegade is a no-brainer.

Casadebomba

^^^
He was asking about the Renegade, not the Rebel...

Two completely different setups. I'd think the decision would be pretty clear, based on what kind of tones you like. The Renegade will get you a great Fender tone on the clean channel and a great modded Marshall tone on the dirt channel. The AC15 will get you as many flavors of the Vox thing, as you have pedals.

Personally I prefer amp distortion, and I like Fender and Marshall tones, so for me the Renegade is a no-brainer.
Hey.late night in the studio..thanks for pointing that out....my bad.....my opinion would not change anyway..I have played the Renegade out live...but I prefer a pedalboard set up live....apples and oranges...however the Renegade is a great amp......can't go wrong with either..

rr

Trending Topics