AC30 CC2 Replacement Reverb Tank

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lukemcd, Feb 24, 2012.

1. lukemcd

lukemcd Member

The reverb in my AC30 sounds awful and has since I bought it used. I'm hoping the reverb tank just needs to be replaced. Not knowing much about this I found two recommended on a different site. The Accutronics 8EB3C1B and 4EB3C1B were both suggested but I do not know the difference or even if they will work. Can anyone help?

2. screamtone

screamtone Supporting Member

There used to be a lot of info about swapping tanks in these over at the Plexi Palace forum.

3. WhoJamFan

WhoJamFan Supporting Member

In spades!

Also, there are many mods that make the amp more robust and sound better. I replaced my tank with an accutronics when they were still made in the USA, but it still doesn't sound that great. The tail needs to be shortened as it goes on forever and ends up muddying the sound. My tech said it's a simple component fix, but I haven't been able to the amp back to him to have it fixed. Franly, I'm not really using any reverb now and don't see the need at this time to fine tune the reverb. If you are a reverb nut and are looking to get the most out of it, I would suggest talking to a skilled amp tech while looking over the schematics to see what they suggest. Don't just let somebody open up you amp to guinea pig components while on the clock, or your reverb could be quite expensive to fix.

4. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

I have replaced 3 of those tanks in the past. I used the Acutonics 9EB2C1B. But that was before the company was sold. Not sure if they retained the same number system.
    Shoot them an email, or ask Weber and/or Mojo.
    Best

5. XmasTree

XmasTree Member

The AC30 Custom Classic comes stock with an Accutronics Reverb tank.

6. damian1

damian1 Member

Mine didnt. It was another brand cant recall. My amp was dropped and broke the reverb tank. I went for the accutronics that started with 9 as stated above. Sounded great. Had a longer tail but I LOVE reverb so I was stoked.

7. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

The three I replaced did not.

8. XmasTree

XmasTree Member

it appears that i'm incorrect.
    sorry about that.

I swear I heard that those came with the Accutronics tank though.
    ...don't believe everything you hear, i guess.

Party on Wayne!