AC30 Heritage Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by neu18, Dec 17, 2009.

1. neu18

neu18 Member

I have a question about the AC30 Heritage amp:

1. What does the bass shift do? Does it have to match the brillance number on the switch? Do I need to turn the amp of if I'm switching this?

2. Do I need to turn the amp off if switching the EF86 switch from pentode to triode? Does the EF86 switch have to match the mode the amp is running in? Ie if tha amp is in Pentode mode, does the EF8 switch have to be in pentode & vice versa?

Thanks!

Just got this amp and it sounds great!

2. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    You can switch anything you want to on the fly, and you don't have to match anything, just set it to what sounds the best to you. It doesn't faze the tubes if you switch back and forth powered on. :mmm

Google an AC30 heritage and read up the sales pitch on it, they explain everything.

3. JMItones

JMItones Member

Go to the VOX Website and under support and manuals you can download a pdf of the user manual. It will explain the bass shift and various modes.

4. neu18

neu18 Member

I have the owner's manual. My only concern was turning the amp off because I've heard that switching the amp itself from pentode to triode & back that I should turn the amp off first. Thank you!