• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

AC30 TB6 fuses

Josseh1986

I own a Vox AC30 no date but its pre 1991 as there is a inspection sticker from when it was inspected.

It has 6 inputs, the fuse in the main power has gone which was a 3.15amp, when replacing it with another 3.15, it blows the fuse again. Would you recommend going up to 4amps? Also there is a separate fuse on the circuit board which is 500ma.

Any advice would be a great help.

WillLane

I own a Vox AC30 no date but its pre 1991 as there is a inspection sticker from when it was inspected.

It has 6 inputs, the fuse in the main power has gone which was a 3.15amp, when replacing it with another 3.15, it blows the fuse again. Would you recommend going up to 4amps? Also there is a separate fuse on the circuit board which is 500ma.

Any advice would be a great help.
The only schematic I see for an AC30 of that time with a 3.15a mains fuse is from the Rose Morris era, lates 80's/early 90's. Not an AC30 6/TB from the Korg era, although I could be missing something. Do you know if the original fuse was a slow-blow or a fast blow? Just any 3.15a may not work. If you got the wrong type that may be your solution. Check the other fuses to be sure they are okay. Keep in mind there are lethal voltages inside the amp even when off and unplugged.

I would not suggest using an upped fuse as it may let dangerous current levels hit the amp without blowing. Unless the amp is modded or parts were wrong from the factory, using higher-tolerant fuses is generally not smart. Also check your wall power just to be safe. However if you do have the exact correct fuse, and proper wall power, and it is still blowing, then you have an issue somewhere else of course.

TimmyP

Likely a shorted tube or shorted filter cap methinks. It should go to the local tube amp fixit guru.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom