AC30C2 - Wow!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Risewithfaith, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Risewithfaith

Risewithfaith Member

I have been using an AC15C1 for a whole now, but I wanted more clean headroom with the same great tone. I had considered buying the new handwired AC30, but I decided to pull the trigger on the new AC30C2 and give it a try first.

Ive put it through the paces at practice, and a few gigs, now and dang! This amp rules hard! I am really impressed with Vox's improvement from the CC series (which I used to own) it has practically made my AC15 obsolete. I just wanted to share in how great I think this thing sounds. It has a depth and clarity that I wasn't expecting from a non-handwired amp. I am considering changing one of the speakers for a vintage 30 to give it a little more dynamic. Anyone else dig this amp as much as I do?
    I am thinking of selling my AC15 to get a Tweaker head as a backup.

2. guitarrhinoceros

guitarrhinoceros Senior Member

Great bang-for-your-buck value as well. Happy rocking!

3. guitarrhinoceros

guitarrhinoceros Senior Member

There is a guy on YouTube named Scott who is an excellent player. He swear by Vox AC30s for his clean and grit tone.

4. Prerequisite

Prerequisite Member

A good friend of mine has one with the 2 Alnico Blues.. The tone is amazing. Great buy!

5. paulvcarter

paulvcarter Member

i have a AC302CX and love it

6. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

I really like what they have done with the c1 series. Do i miss the tube rectifier? Yes! Do i miss the 1960s style "cool" filtering? Yes. Does the c1 have fab tone? Absolutley!

7. Risewithfaith

Risewithfaith Member

I will report back later once I get the funds to get a V30 in there and replace the stock tubes.