AC30CC Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by thudle, Mar 7, 2008.

1. thudle

thudle Member

I just bought a used AC30CC2x. I'm lovin' the the amp, but I've noticed that when I'm not playing, there seems to be a slight 'put-put/static' sound. When I play clean, the amp sounds fine, but when I use my fulldrive or xotic bb pedal there seems to be an annoying buzz/fuzzy sound.

Does this sound like a bad tube issue? I sure hope it is. If so, any recommendations on what to use?

2. PRNDL

PRNDL Member

Put-put sounds are usually from weak power supply electrolytics, although it could be a preamp tube since you have issues with pedals. I'd recommend replacing the first preamp tube with a good one to see if it fixes it.

3. sqadan

sqadan Member

+1

This amps is known for bad tubes from the factory... If it's used and the previous owner never changed any of the tubes, there could very well be some duds in there.

4. thudle

thudle Member

thanks for the advice guys. I just picked up some new tubes and we'll see how it goes.

5. thudle

thudle Member

yup, it was the preamp tubes...i put in some JJ's in the power tubes/rectifier, and i put in some eh in the preamp...sounds great!