• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Achilles JTM-45 Bluesbreaker

jdel77

Labros is the man. His amps are amazing. He recovered and sealed my old JCM800 cab and I while I was there I played a bunch of his Tweed and Silverface clones. Awesome stuff.
I've played Burgs' Achillies Bassman clone a bunch too - that thing rips.

strings2wood

Gold Supporting Member
ooh you got a new amp, Simon! How you liking it?
Hey Jess,

Very impressed.
It was Claude Carranza from The Black Sorrows that turned me on to Achilles amps.
The quality and craftsmanship of the cabinet making, choice of materials and finish is sublime. Labros is a true craftsman and the time and skill are all visible. In terms of tone, the tubes are being broken in gently. However, I finally have the best of both worlds. The Fender clean with the Vibro King that takes the Cornish pedals really well. The Achilles is a better platform for the Cornish G2. That's where the JTM-45 Replica excels. A Fender won't ever be a Marshall and vice versa. (Having said that, crank and Achilles Champ...and you can get Marshall tones you can mike or record)!

The JTM does the Marshall blues through to British rock in an outstanding way. It has enough headroom to take pedals well. Using the GigRig G2 I can A/B between both amps for clean and dirty or wet dry. However both amps together is just an epic sound. Feel free to ring and come and play them anytime you have holiday/ free time. Just PM me here if you want to set something up. When time allows I hope to get around to doing some clips. It's interesting how the Cornish pedals work with both amps but with unique voices. Best of both worlds for sure Jess.
Now all I want is a Krautster!!!! It NEVER ends...:)

guitar-rookie

Hey Jess,

Very impressed.
It was Claude Carranza from The Black Sorrows that turned me on to Achilles amps.
The quality and craftsmanship of the cabinet making, choice of materials and finish is sublime. Labros is a true craftsman and the time and skill are all visible. In terms of tone, the tubes are being broken in gently. However, I finally have the best of both worlds. The Fender clean with the Vibro King that takes the Cornish pedals really well. The Achilles is a better platform for the Cornish G2. That's where the JTM-45 Replica excels. A Fender won't ever be a Marshall and vice versa. (Having said that, crank and Achilles Champ...and you can get Marshall tones you can mike or record)!

The JTM does the Marshall blues through to British rock in an outstanding way. It has enough headroom to take pedals well. Using the GigRig G2 I can A/B between both amps for clean and dirty or wet dry. However both amps together is just an epic sound. Feel free to ring and come and play them anytime you have holiday/ free time. Just PM me here if you want to set something up. When time allows I hope to get around to doing some clips. It's interesting how the Cornish pedals work with both amps but with unique voices. Best of both worlds for sure Jess.
Now all I want is a Krautster!!!! It NEVER ends...:)
Cool that you're enjoying it! I'm still liking your old Matchless...though I'm not too sure about the 2x12 now. Sounds big but I'll probably injure my back lifting it to and fro from gigs.

Thanks for the invitation - I haven't seen you in a while, too! When I have the time I'll give you a heads up :) I have a Lazy J40 that you might be keen to try too :)

strings2wood

Gold Supporting Member
Cool that you're enjoying it! I'm still liking your old Matchless...though I'm not too sure about the 2x12 now. Sounds big but I'll probably injure my back lifting it to and fro from gigs.

Thanks for the invitation - I haven't seen you in a while, too! When I have the time I'll give you a heads up :) I have a Lazy J40 that you might be keen to try too :)
Pretty impressed with The Lazy J. Daniel Steinhardt is a big fan and if it's good enough for Vintage Trouble...enough said. I'm guessing the 40 has more head room for taking pedals well. I nearly went for an Achilles head with a 4X10 cab.
But Labros the maker of the amp said you need 12's to keep the bottom end. The cab was beautiful or about the same width as the Vibro King. As I said...a Krautster would be awesome with this set up now. Single coils and P-90's are great for the Fender and the Achilles...but a humbucker with a JTM-45 would be amazing. Definitely not Achilles Last Stand.

Let me know when you next have holidays Jess and come for a meal and a play.

Smiles,

:) Simon.

guitar-rookie

Pretty impressed with The Lazy J. Daniel Steinhardt is a big fan and if it's good enough for Vintage Trouble...enough said. I'm guessing the 40 has more head room for taking pedals well. I nearly went for an Achilles head with a 4X10 cab.
But Labros the maker of the amp said you need 12's to keep the bottom end. The cab was beautiful or about the same width as the Vibro King. As I said...a Krautster would be awesome with this set up now. Single coils and P-90's are great for the Fender and the Achilles...but a humbucker with a JTM-45 would be amazing. Definitely not Achilles Last Stand.

Let me know when you next have holidays Jess and come for a meal and a play.

Smiles,

:) Simon.
The Krautster looks amazing! But pricey...veryyy pricey haha. Yep, the 40 has more room for pedals and I prefer it to the 20.

Your Vibro King is real nice too, if I recall correctly :)

Jess

Trending Topics