Acid vs. Live

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Bassomatic, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

Okay, i'm sick to death of ACID. Granted, i'm running Pro v.4, but i just hate the idea of shelling out $150 for an upgrade to a program that seems clunky amd increasingly out of sync with the times.

I've finally downloaded Ableton's Live demo, and it seems so much hipper in its approach (not to mention a lot sexier in the GUI dep't.). Does anyone who has used both think an upgrade to ACID 5 will renew my faith in the program, or am i doomed to drop a bunch of cash now that i've been seduced by Live?

(madly trying to justify a purchase here, as i'm using ACID more and more these days to beat loops into submission).

Also, how stable is Live via rewire thru Nuendo? (Ed, perhaps?)

Thoughts?

Argggh.

2. melondaoust

melondaoust Member

Haven't used Acid on my current setup, so this is not a comparison.

Have been using Live (bundled with the MBox) for sometime now, and I think it's great! The rewire is very stable, and so is the sync (no problems so far.)

Just my brief $0.002 cents

Good luck!

3. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

Not that I can help you make the call, as I'm neither an Acid, Live, Nuendo or even PC user...

...but in my experience "clunky" programs tend to remain clunky despite the best-intentioned upgrades. The most annoying aspects of the GUI are rarely addressed.

FWIW, which admitttedly might not be much here, I know a few Live users, all of whom are very happy with it, but hardly any Acid users any more.

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Been a past Acid user, been hardcore Live user since version 3.0.

Flat out Basso, it lays the SMACK down on Acid and offers many many more capabilities and creative possibilities.

Buy it - stable as a mutha with Cubase SX.

Highest recommendation.

5. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

Thanks, SP - just the kind of ammo i need to win the battle of justification!

I'm ordering tomorrow. [ i'm doing a remix of the new NIN single for fun and to keep my pencil sharp (been a bit uninspired to work on my own stuff the past few weeks). My buddy heard about Reznor's offering up the tracks on NPR, of all places. I know your a fan - check NIN.com if you feel like doing one yourself].

6. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

What a cool idea !! Trent is always two steps ahead.