Acoustasonic Strats

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by turntable_blues, Jan 14, 2020.

1. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Silver Supporting Member

My buddy had one moved it quick .
    I am not interested very over priced
    But that's my opinion

scott58 and stratzrus like this.
  2. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

3. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Silver Supporting Member

Yup, the NDA dam has burst, and the reviews are out in force. It offers a lot more sound options than the Acoustasonic Tele, and it's the same price.

If the crazy popularity of the Tele version was any indicator, these will go like hotcakes. I won't be buying one, but there appear to be plenty of people out there willing to shell out the cashish.

InkStained and monty like this.
  4. Benz2112

Benz2112 Supporting Member

The Fishman system sounds really trick, one of the better acoustic sounds on a hybrid guitar. I think ideally this is a guitar you want to have light acoustic strings on, and compromise the electric sounds a little.

5. CanuckChris

CanuckChris Member

Was really hoping for a MIM version. Oh well.

6. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Silver Supporting Member

Who knows, maybe they'll announce that at NAMM... Although that doesn't look very likely at this point.

7. caledoneus

caledoneus Member

I like the idea (and acoustic guitar that plays like an electric), and think they sound pretty good to be honest with you. But, they are stupidly overpriced in my opinion for what they are. If the price was dropped a bit, I'd consider getting one, but for 2000 bucks, nah.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    buddaman71 likes this.
  8. BigWave

BigWave Member

I'm already trying to figure out how to justify the price to myself but I definitely want one.

9. lamenlovinit

lamenlovinit Member

Here's a great review.

RGB and CanuckChris like this.
  10. phretbored

phretbored Member

Wow cool I dig it.

Pete Thorn rocks too.

I always enjoy his playing and his demo vids and etc are always really good.

11. monty

monty Member

Really like these(and the Tele), but just a bit too much scratch for me for how much I would use it. Maybe I`ll find a used one down the road.

12. sub rosa

sub rosa Member

I thought the Tele version sounded average at best, and didn’t like the electric pup in it at all.

I’ll try and give this a go this week at the show but honestly a real Strat is one of the easiest installs for a piezo bridge system. That’s what I have in mine = full electric pup options plus acoustic-esque sound to dial in on the fly when needed.

13. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Without watching the reviews could someone summarize the differences between the Strat and the Tele? I recently test drove the Acoustasonic Tele and it sounded really nice plugged in. Acoustically, it was nothing special and the setup wasn't great - the high E kept slipping out. I agree with everyone who said that they're overpriced, IMHO they should be selling for $1400 max.

turntable_blues likes this.
  14. lamenlovinit

lamenlovinit Member

I used to not want one because of the cost. Now I don't want one because of all the switching. Make it really well, charge $1200 and have a piezo and a strat middle sound. The review I just watched there was a short scale walnut/spruce acoustic, a rosewood/adi, etc. etc. etc.

I now appreciate why it costs so much. I get it and don't hate on the price. It's just not what I want. I want a Fender flavored version of my National Resolectric. One acoustic voice and one useful electric.

That being said, I am now a fan of the concept and product. I just don't want one.

22Top likes this.
  15. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

I just feel like these are the ugliest things, and while I see the appeal for being able to kill two birds with one stone, I think it's a compromise to both. I'll probably get roasted for saying this... but it's my opinion.

16. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Supporting Member

I suppose they suffer from the same factor as the Line 6 guitars. A lot of what you're buying is the technology rather than the physical instrument, but guitarists are used to the price of a guitar being based on the physical instrument, either for its features or its prestige and market demand.

rmg471 likes this.
  17. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

Where are these made?

18. ethomas1013

ethomas1013 Supporting Member

US made, at least for the Tele, and I’m assuming the same for the new Strat version.

I have the Tele version. Like it a lot. I’ll have to watch these later to see what the Strat version brings to the table.

19. Silent Sound

Silent Sound Member

You have the same opinion as me on this. It looks like a camel to me. Unfortunately, I'm not going to spend over $1.2k on a single guitar that sounds like a mediocre acoustic and a mediocre electric, when I can buy a $600 electric and $600 acoustic that sound as good, or better.