Acoustasonic Strats

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by turntable_blues, Jan 14, 2020 at 9:37 AM.

1. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

2. COYS

COYS Supporting Member

Looks cool. Not in the market myself, but the Teles were wildly popular and I'm guessing this will be too.

Also I'm shocked that TGP thinks something is way too expensive :eek: :D

ethomas1013 likes this.
  3. Clark GriswoId

Clark GriswoId Supporting Member

No left handed version of the Tele version, now a Strat version, meh.

4. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

It's an awesome USA made quality guitar and some don't know that and they think it should be like $899.

COYS likes this.
  5. ethomas1013

ethomas1013 Supporting Member

it’s probably 12 gauge. I’ll check it later.

I’m using in-ear monitors when I use this so I’m not in a position to answer that.

Billy Moss likes this.
  6. ethomas1013

Yes, the Tele has both clean and overdriven electric voicings that sounds (somewhat) like a Tele bridge pickup. Since I’m using mine with acoustic strings, and playing direct, the electric tones are really lacking. If it was set up with electric strings and played through an amp, I’m sure those tones would be better. But then of course the acoustic tones would suffer.

7. ferrinbonn

ferrinbonn Member

It is weird, right? We see threads on here all the time by people looking for the best Tele they can get with their $4k budget and people in the effects forum are lining up for the new $750 Chase Bliss pedal. But for some reason this US made guitar that's meant to be an all-in-one solution for musicians with paying gigs costs too much.

TGP logic be like: $7k Custom Shop Gibson to live in my humidity and temperature controlled music room is great! $2k for an instrument you can use to get paid a few hundred a night doing solo gigs is way too expensive!

8. ethomas1013

Yeah, plus the I played one at CG and it sucked comments...

wox, COYS and Billy Moss like this.
  9. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Silver Supporting Member

Heh, I commented on this video, loved the performance.

10. Fulminata19

Fulminata19 Member

These are different, the voices within the five way that each one gets are a little bit different, with the Strat leaning a little bit more in the electric sound direction than the Tele.

Here's a rundown on the Strat sounds since I'm having trouble finding their official stuff posted outside of some dealer specific resources I have access to (I'm going to paraphrase their ad copy a bit):
    Position 1: Voice A: Electic Fat/Semi-Clean-slightly more saturated clean sound
    Voice B: Electric Dirty-Fender's add copy just says to call your friends, but I don't know what that sounds like.

Position 2: Voice A: Engelman Spruce topped Rosewood Dreadnaught-Deep bass, strident treble, great for strumming.
    Voice B: Electric Clean

Position 3: Voice A: Sitka topped Rosewood Auditorium-Tighter and brighter, more modern "pop sound," good for strumming or fingerstyle.
    Voice B: Adds body pickup to above voice

Position 4: Voice A: Sitka topped Walnut small body short scale-intimate, vintage inspired voice, articulare and bright, best for fingerstyle.
    Voice B: Sitka topped Mahogany American Dreadnaught-Dry, earthy, organic, great for Americana style flatpicking.

Position 5: Voice A: Sitka topped Mahogany Dreadnaught-Full midrange with a deep bass voice, works well for rootsy strumming or fingerstyle.
    Voice B: Sitka topped Rosewood concert body with slotted headstock-Articulate, dynamic, and focused. Perfect for any full band setting.

The telecaster positions are on the first page of the quick start guide here: https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Original/10001/The American Acoustasonic Quick Start Guide.pdf

Crowder, Billy Moss and MattyK-USA like this.
  11. musicman1

musicman1 Member

I dont think these hybrid gtrs do a good job with either acoustic or electric sounds. Might work best for solo guys needing variety but they lack a really good acoustic sound imo.

12. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

Yeah this guitar and Line 6 guitars are for those that need a lots of guitars, but only want to bring one guitar to the gig or to record with.

13. MattyK-USA

Thanks! I'm glad you could find these specs for the Strat. I certainly couldn't on the usual sites, including Fender, and I wasn't about to sit back through another 30 minute video as each was demo'd. :mad:

14. MattyK-USA

I think I agree with Paul Davids' take on it, that this would be great for a gigging musician that needed some flexible acoustic tones in addition to electric, but not as a dedicated acoustic or electric guitar.

Crowder likes this.
  15. Fulminata19

Fulminata19 Member

There's also the variance of how closely each reviewer actually reads their manual before reviewing, too ;)

I did appreciate Paul showing the quick start guide to the camera in his, I got to pause and read through it myself.

MattyK-USA likes this.
  16. mattjayworker

mattjayworker Member

Yep. Then I'd like to find one of those used on Craigslist in a year or so.

17. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Member

These are just Kramer Ferringtons with fancy pickups.

18. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

No. The guitar is high quality and the modeling is high quality electronics. It's not a simple thinline acoustic.

ethomas1013 likes this.
  19. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

I doubt you'll ever see it. The eletronics cost to much to put in a lesser quality guitar.