Acoustic Ambient Guitar

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by DamageGirl, Jul 16, 2017.

1. DamageGirl

DamageGirl Member

Hahahaha.... its okay. a lot of writers and musicians try a genre and realize that isnt their forte. Good for you for discovering that it wasn't what came naturally to you. People will take the word failure the wrong way. But i think its a powerful tool. For example if I can't write a country song to save my life or the ones i wrote were terrible, then that's a good tool to have. Self recognition is great. It will save you from years of frustration by going in a direction that you arent as well equipped to do, dont have a natural knack for, or dare i use the term you used and suck at it. Its okay to suck at something. No one is perfect.

Mister Natural likes this.
  2. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Member

Exactly
    When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Thomas Edison replied, "I didn’t fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."

DamageGirl likes this.
  3. Blooby

Blooby Member

Is the lack of note attack due to turning the effect 100% wet?

I'm enjoying reading through this thread. I hope it continues. Some gorgeous musical posts in here.

Blooby

DamageGirl likes this.
  4. Matt Sarad

Matt Sarad Member

5. DamageGirl

DamageGirl Member

LOL... Yes, just that some bands get lucky and have a 100 step invention while others have 1000 step invention. So when you compare the two you might think the 100 step invention was an overnight success when it really wasn't. It takes time to find what you are, and sometimes that might be going in the wrong direction for a while before realizing -- Aha, im really good at this instead!

6. Social Exodus

Social Exodus Lone Wolf Silver Supporting Member

I listen to ambient music all the time. When someone gives me crap about it, I just genuflect and then throw them a namaste over my shoulder while plucking unseen stars out of thin air.

They usually go away after that.

DamageGirl likes this.
  7. DamageGirl

DamageGirl Member

Yes, but it was fingerpicked with a light touch so I'm sure that it made some difference as well.

8. Blooby

Blooby Member

It's got a nice timbre to it. I've been fiddle with some 100% wet stuff myself lately.

I had this buddy that would plug into the wrong input of a (I think) JVC-120 (he stumbled on this by mistake), and the signal would come out 100% reverb. He would get this otherworldly tone that I have yet to hear reproduced. I'm still in touch with him 30 years later. I'll ask him about it.

Blooby

9. DamageGirl

DamageGirl Member

You should enjoy all that you want without getting crap about it. I think those who only listen to one thing are jealous that you have the capacity to enjoy more than one thing!

Social Exodus likes this.