Acoustic effects: what are you gigging with?

Steve Hotra

Gold Supporting Member
Delay, chorus ( very slight setting) and a clean boost for solos ( I like the Sarno Earth Drive )

jordane93

Never really thought of using effects with an acoustic. When my worship leader plays acoustic he just uses a tuner and into the FOH. I would like to hear some delay and/or reverb. I think I'll mention that to him

jocfan1

I'm currently wiring up an acoustic board that will run TU-2->Empress compressor->TC Helicon Harmony-G XT->Ibanez AD9->JamMan->LR Baggs PADI. The TC has on board reverb & delay, but I'm not using them. So effectively, just compression & delay. I'm not a chorus fan in general, but I know a lot of guys will use it on acoustic from time to time.

EricPeterson

i have been playing around with this, I do solo acoustic. I think for what I do a delay and a chorus would add some character and variety. I am interested in seeing what other people are using.

bigEbeer

Silver Supporting Member
I used to carry around a bunch of pedals

Fishman aura 16
Rc booster
Analogman comp
Boss eq (modded)
Digitech timbender
Digitech Jamman
Ernie ball volume.

Now:
Aura 16
Ernie ball
M9
Boomerrang

Tim Bowen

*tuner du jour* -> Xotic SP -> Mooer Black Secret -> Barber Gain Changer -> Timmy -> Xotic RC Booster -> ISP Decimator II -> Strymon Flint -> Mooer Ana Echo -> AnalogMan ARDX20 -> T Rex Reptile -> Radial J48 active DI

Above is current, other stuff subs now and then. The Radial J48 splits signal to a Phil Jones Cub AG-100 amp, and the PA.

swen

maton em325c into tc g-natural.
just made the factory settings a little more subtle. sounds pretty good... takes a beating

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
Guitar > Red Eye Preamp > Turbo Tuner > Board with a touch of reverb

I save the other effects for the electric.

CEFlint

Guitars > Zoom A3 > Roland AC90 > Board
Use the A3 mainly for tuner, compression and EQ with a touch of delay or reverb.

I use a pod hd500. It's kind of bulky but when you think about how much gear I'd need to replace it:

Tuner
Volume
Compressor
Eq
Reverb
delay
Looper
Xlr direct out

And as a bonus any whacky sound I could think of

Would like to try a fishman aura though.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member

I use the LS2 to level signals between passive and active guitars... And possibly a mute

GP830

I'm unusual in that I play my acoustics through a tube amp when playing live. Here's my current board-

Tu-2
Dyna Comp
MO-2
Carbon Copy

banjowillie

Silver Supporting Member
Guitar > Polytune > Monte Allums Boss CS3 Comp > Boss EQ (for 6 string banjo) > Keeley Boss Trem > TC Nova Delay > MI Audio Boost N Buff > Boss RV3 Reverb > LR Baggs PADI > PA

sleejay80

Taylor 314ce into
1. Boss TU-3 Tuner
2. MXR microamp for clean boost
3. Ibanez TS9 (yep) for bluesy rhythm/lead tones
4. Boss RC-20XL looper

Prince

Silver Supporting Member
I run my K&K Pure XLR preamp to an M9. The M9 has patches for chorus, tremolo, 2 digital delays, hall reverb, and plate reverb.

Trending Topics