Acoustic foam and deadening my rehearsal space . . . help.

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by justonwo, Mar 10, 2008.

1. justonwo

justonwo Member

So we've spent the last couple of months trying to improve our P/A sound during live rehearsal in our space. With some new monitors, an EQ, and judicious mic placement, we've done pretty damn good so far. The volume is much louder, sound is much crisper, etc.

However, I think we could really optimize things with some sound insulation. The room is about 18' by 12' with pretty high ceilings (15' I'd guess). We have our singer in a corner right now facing out with one monitor pointing right at her. I think if we put some foam on that corner it would prevent acoustic reflection behind her.

Can you guys recommend reasonably priced foam and the kind of coverage needed?

Since the room is so big, we'll probably use cheaper materials for the rest of the room, but the space right behind the singer is crucial, I think.

2. himey77

himey77 Member

3. Sunbreak Music

Sunbreak Music Member

Interior treatment and sound isolation are two different things.

The site referenced will explain a lot--they're very helpful.

4. wopr

wopr Member

+1 on Readyacoustics. I bought their DIY ready bags and a box of OC703. It was easy to put together and works well. GIK was a close second, but price was all important to me.

steve

5. Joel DuBay

Joel DuBay Member

Thanks for the props Steve. We appreciate you.

Joel DuBay
    www.readyacoustics.com