Acoustic Guitar Gig Bags

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by jim0115, Feb 23, 2006.

1. jim0115

jim0115 Member

Whose got a gig bag for their acoustic that they really like?

What brand/model is it and what do you like about it?

2. utterhack

utterhack Member

3. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

I use this Pro Tec for my OM. They also make one for a dread. Very well padded, lots of room in the pockets with lots of little compartments for batteries, strings, etc., and very comfortable to wear on your back for an extended schlep.

Get the "Deluxe," not the standard. At that price - about $45 street - there's no reason not to.

4. jim0115

jim0115 Member

5. omensixaxe

omensixaxe Member

i have the breedlove bag and ive been quite happy with it, holds up well to most anything its given, its been dropped, rained on, thrown around, etc...and still has habit of holding up.

6. dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes Member

7. stephenyi

stephenyi Member

The Taylor gig bag that came with my 110 is actually pretty nice. I don't mind not having a hardshell case for it.

8. Tahitijack

Tahitijack Member

I like the Taylor gig bags for my Taylors. Got a Levy for my Ovation, but I like the Bodyglove gig bags a lot an may buy one.

9. Cybercat

Cybercat Member

I've had a Reunion Blues bag for my guitar (now a Martin D-28) for about 4 years. I coudn't be happier with it. :AOK

http://www.finecases.com/browse/reunion-blues/reunion-blues-1986.html

It wasn't cheap, but has a 7-year guarantee & was reccomended by a couple of world-class players who gig throughout Asia, Europe & the States & have been using theirs for decades.

The thought & care that went into the design, & the quality of the materials & components used is what sold me. Apart from the convenience of the backpack style, I feel with its snug-fit & superior construction and multi-layer padding that it's much better protection for my guitar for everyday rough-&-tumble travelling to & from gigs & practices - in taxis, on crowded buses, subways & ferries, & getting jostled in crowds etc. than the Martin moulded case (...unless you're flying, or someone deliberately jumps on it...), espescially so if (when) the case gets knocked over.

I've had many other gig bags over my 35 years of gigging, but none of the others gave me this level of confidence that my 'baby' is really safe.

For international air travel, the guys who reccomended it to me each have a Calton case. However, one mentioned he has on occasion packed the Calton with clothes & personal stuff (using it as a suitcase) & put the guitar in the Reunion Blues gigbag as a carry-on. In the event of being refused permission at the check-in desk to carry the guitar onboard, they swap the guitar out into the Calton case & check it in, put the clothes & junk into the gig bag & check that too. :D

10. royd

royd Member

I had a Reunion blues for a number of years (it was stolen or I'd still have it) that I carried my Lowden in and loved it. I think it is better than the Levy's although they are not far behind.
    Currently, I have an incase for my electric and they made an acoustic bag which I believe is discontinued. If you can find a used one, I would highly recommend it. It is the best thought out gig bag that I've seen.