• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Acoustic guitar under 1K

Suhrtainly!

Texsunburst59

I've owned a lot of very nice Taylor acoustics over the last few years, and they're all gone except 1.

I got amazing deals on all of them, and that was the reason I bought them.

They really didn't really have a tone that really kept my interest.

I've also owned quite a few Yamaha models over the years as well, and they're all gone too.

I bought all of them at crazy low prices, but I sold them to purchase electric guitars.

The thing about all the Yamaha acoustics, was that they sounded and played as good or better that guitars costing 4x-5x what I paid for them.

I did just score another Yamaha a month ago for a VERY good price, and it too sounds and plays amazingly well.

I paid $200 for this '81 Yamaha FG-365SII

OP, if I were you, I get audition as many Yamaha models as you can get in front of, and see which one sounds and plays the best.

Don't worry so much about what it costs, but more about its sound and playability.

Last edited:

ferrinbonn

I have a Yamaha LS16 that I really like. All solid wood. Plays great and has really nice tone. But there are a ton of good options in that price range.

89strat

Taylor. I have a 214ce, it’s a nice guitar, it was under 1000 if I remember. Seagull also makes a great guitar for a good price. I had one that I traded in for the Taylor, but I actually miss it. Both are fun to play and sound pretty good. The lower range, non-USA martins are good also.

89strat

I've owned a lot of very nice Taylor acoustics over the last few years, and they're all gone except 1.

I've also owned quite a few Yamaha models over the years as well, and they're all gone too.

I bought all of them at crazy low prices, but I sold them to purchase electric guitars.

The thing about all the Yamaha acoustics, was that they sounded and played as good or better that guitars costing 4x-5x what I paid for them.

I did just score another Yamaha a month ago for a VERY good price, and it too sounds and plays amazingly well.

OP, if I were you, I get audition as many Yamaha models as you can get in front of, and see which one sounds and plays the best.

Don't worry so much about what it costs, but more about it's sound and playability.
I always forget about yamaha. Not just a good guitar for the money...they’re good guitars .

Rmccamey

Several Godin lines including Seagull. I like the Simpn & Patrick Showcase and Woodland Pro series. Solid wood, made in Canada, many under $1000. Mine sounds great.

20200818_085936.jpg
Eastman guitars are great in that price range. Seagull are my favorite sub $1,000 guitars.

CrimsonAndy

I’ve had one of these for about 3 years. It is a great sounding, easy to play acoustic. I’m surprised they aren’t more popular, because I recently obtained a Martin 000-28 and the Tonare hangs with it really well.

wilson1

Don't worry so much about what it costs, but more about its sound and playability.
Yikes, thats a nice guitar for $200.00

Trending Topics