Acoustic Pedal Board Experiments

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by IEXIA, May 6, 2016.

1. IEXIA

IEXIA Member

I just got my Zoom A3 ,Zoom have really upped their game with this one.The effects are great and very handy to have the Boost switch.I keep buying acoustic modelling and Di's and FX to get the acoustic sound Im after(and because I have nothing else to do with my money)I have the Lr Baggs Di,The Fishman Aura 16,Boss AD3,thats not counting the separate modulation FX(Giga Delay,Super Chorus) I am experimenting with.I actually have a Boss Harmonist pedal as well which I actually dont use as a way to play 3rds 5ths etc,I read somewhere that if you set the knob to 12 oclock to the DTune mode it will add a little more body to the acoustic guitar.I tried it and it made a pleasant subtle difference almost like 2 guitars are playing the same thing over each other and ads a definite richness it really sounds great.Does anyone else do this out there? Any other suggestions?

2. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

TC Electronic BodyRez

I have a Taylor 114ce with the original Expression system, and the BodyRez more than makes up for its shortcomings!

MattLeFevers likes this.
  3. Enusire

Enusire Member

I still can´t really believe that. That´s the reason why I ordered one half an hour ago.... :rolleyes:

coltonius likes this.
  4. MattLeFevers

MattLeFevers Member

I use the Fishman Aura and am happy with it, but if it ever broke or something I'd pick up the BodyRez. I have heard good things.

The L.R. Baggs DI actually severely underwhelmed me on my acoustic guitar. I was surprised by how little I liked it. It makes my banjo and mandolin sound spectacular though, live and even in the studio, so still a great purchase all around.

I've never tried that on an acoustic but I like how it sounds on bass. I used it on a track where the bass needed kind of a chorus sound but more subtle. Not at all what I bought the Harmonist for but a cool bonus mode for sure.

IEXIA likes this.