Acoustic Rig Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by joshbaezmusic, Mar 2, 2012.

1. joshbaezmusic

joshbaezmusic Member

Hey guys,
    Just curious to know what pedals you guys would use for an acoustic rig for solo stuff. Post pics if you'd like!

-j.

2. southpaw pete

southpaw pete Member

I don't have any pics of my current acoustic setup, but it is as follows...
    Fishman Aura Sixteen > Hardwire RV7 reverb > LR Baggs PADI.

I've experimented with other sounds with my acoustic (chorus etc...), but found I really just prefer a simple touch of reverb to add a little extra depth to the sound. The RV7 does a good job of just adding that depth without "getting in the way." It is one of the more natural sounding reverbs I've tried on acoustic.
    And the Aura really makes a difference too - once you find the right "Image" to fit your setup.

When I'm playing acoustic and electric in a set (and don't want to have two different pedalboards at my feet) - I simply run it through the LR Baggs PADI. Sounds good.

*oh yea... my main acoustic is a Guild JF30 jumbo, with Fishman Matrix Infinity pickups. I've used a number of different amps with varying degrees of success, but find myself most happy running direct with a good monitor mix. If I needed the extra stage volume control I would bring a Mackie SRM350 active speaker.

3. gear007

gear007 Member

Erine Ball Vol Pedal, Dunlop Crybaby, Boss: CS-3, DD-5, RC-20, Fishman OM Aura, Fromel Shape EQ. Thinking on trying a new compressor at some point and adding reverb as well.

4. Zakko

Zakko Member

[​IMG]

The comp gets switched out for a phase 90, dd-5, tr-2, whatever im feeling.

5. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

I don't have a pic, but its a DL4 > TU2 > RV5 > LR Baggs PARK on a pt mini.

6. The Kid

The Kid Member

Guitar > Korg Pitchblack Tuner > Aphex Guitar Xciter > Boss RC20 Loop Station > QSC K10.

7. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

I love the old Boss GT-3 for acoustic. Foot pedal volume control, a touch of limter, some EQ, a boost for solos. Chorus, delay and reverb when called for. Much better to me for acoustic than a separate pedalboard of individual pedals. I go from it into a StroboStomp and use the direct box feature.

8. dankmyers

dankmyers Member

I lead worship at church and am usually the only guitar and sometimes there's no drummer, so I use a lot of delay to fill in the sonic spaces.
    My chain is Korg Pitchblack > Fulltone Fatboost 1 > DD-20 > RV-5
    The RV-5 has a decent reverb for just normal playing, but lately I've been cranking up the modulated function to have an ambient-synth texture in the background when I'm the only guitar. It's very nice.

9. boldaslove1977

boldaslove1977 Silver Supporting Member

TU2>OC3>GE7>Carbon Copy>CH-1>DL4>DI Box

i used to have a reverb pedal at the end but it crapped out.

i could totally do acoustic gigs with just a tuner... but this is more fun!

10. southpaw pete

southpaw pete Member

Yeah, the RV5 modulated reverb is quite nice on acoustic.

BTW, here's a shot of my acoustic setup... I had forgotten, I often use the Boss RC2 as well.
    As for tuner, I use the sweet little Snark on the headstock.

[​IMG]

11. jcarpenter

jcarpenter Supporting Member

This1ismyne Buffer, Pichblack Tuner, Barber Tone Press, Deep Blue Delay, Wet Reverb

12. jkokura

jkokura Member

Boss Tuner > Boss Chorus (CE3) > Boss Reverb (RV3) > DI box (Radial JDI).

Jacob

13. sonic_777111

sonic_777111 Member

I like to use a Big Muff on acoustic. I may also be clinically insane.

14. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

I can't post pics, but use a few great pedals for my Taylor 414CE all the time. My guitar has a Fishman prefix UST and I am happy with that. Here are the pedals:
    Diamond comp- Morley volume pedal- Empress ParaEQ- Boss CE-5- Boss DD-5 with Loopmaster tap tempo and a Radial J-48 for DI. My RC booster worked really well but my Iso 5 cant manage it so it's lonely now. My setup works well for acoustic leads, ambiance type stuff, and violin/string-like effects. Never been happier with an acoustic/electric sound. Very "Tim Reynolds" like, but for me.
    Try Some of those for fun,
    Barnzy

15. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

...also, the CE-5 is the weakest link for me, and any "acoustic pickup friendly" chorus suggestions will be appreciated. The DD-5, however is a big asset to an acoustic rig with a tap tempo.
    Thanks,
    Barnzy

16. dankmyers

dankmyers Member

I used to use a version one Visual Sound H2O pedal with my acoustic. I loved the chorus and miss it. I got rid of it because I needed more options for delay so I got a DD-20 instead, and that pedal is pretty big for just the chorus side. I'd like to get their Liquid Chorus pedal someday, but it hasn't been my top priority. Check that one out, it would probably sound pretty good with your Taylor.

17. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

:spit

I gotta try that sometime...

18. danonbass

danonbass Member

I've actually recorded a rhythm guitar track with direct acoustic into a big muff into a USB interface. Thickest rhythm tone I've ever laid down.