Acoustic Rig Within Electric Setup

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarb, Apr 1, 2008.

1. guitarb

guitarb Member

My band will be doing some acoustic in the middle of a set.....I need something that will give me the best sound I can get thru my electric setup. I'd love to go with an acoustic rig...but I don't have the space to haul it nor the space in most of the venues we play in. So......is their a pedal (Fischman?) that might help me out...maybe eq?? Anyone doing this? What works. Thanks.

2. gibson60

gibson60 Member

All I do is set up a direct box and run it straight into the PA along side my electric rig. It doesn't take up much more space and only adds a few minutes to your set-up time.

3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

"rig"? how about an acoustic guitar into a direct box into the p.a.?

an acoustic is going to sound like a bad electric through most electric guitar amps.

4. guitarb

guitarb Member

Have you guys tried any comp or eq's in front of the direct box?

5. erksin

erksin Member

LR Baggs Para DI off an A/B box at the end of your chain is my rec - then you can still use any effects off your main board like comp or delay, etc.