Acoustic Settings for Mustang III

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by rjbee, Dec 8, 2016.

1. rjbee

rjbee Member

I realize that an acoustic amp is ideal but in lieu of that has anyone created a decent setting for use with an acoustic guitar?

2. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Member

I'd start with the Basic Studio Preamp Preset and season to taste. The Basic Studio Preamp is in Factory Default memory slot 82 (if I recall correctly). It is the cleanest profile in the Mustang. The Advanced Amp settings have the Noise Gate and Cab Sim set to Off.

The Mustang's 12" Celestion speaker's freq response rolls off signifcantly after 4kHz. (See Celestion's website if you wish to view the chart). This is why listening to a CD, MP3, ipod, track playback, or other full frequency source through amp's speaker sounds so boxy and constrained in the upper mids and high frequencies. This same compromise (frequency attenuation) will occur with the otherwise beautiful clarity and harmonics from an acoustic guitar heard through the Mustang's speaker.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  3. mauman

mauman Member

Here's one I used in a pinch, with a Taylor equipped with an ES pickup:
    Fender 65 Deluxe, gain5 vol7 treble6 mid8.5 bass3
    Advanced: 65DLX speakers, gate off, sag balanced, bias norm
    Adding tape delay, sine trem and small room reverb effects may help with ambience.

Regards, Mike

rjbee and Madmax25 like this.