Acoustic that plays like an electric

Juan Fuller

Hi guys, does anyone know what the best models would be for that nice small neck that you find on electric guitars? I play with the thumb over, Hendrix kinda style and would love to be able to expand that onto acoustic, but they all seem super wide necks. Any suggestions on brands/models etc? Thanks so much! :)

zombiwoof

Silver Supporting Member
Also those Fender acoustics that are sort of reissues of the older ones, with the Fender Strat type headstock. That was the original intention I believe, Fender wanted to make an acoustic that basically had a Strat-type neck on it.
Al

mjross

Silver Supporting Member
The prevailing traditional thought in this category is Ovation. Whether that's true, depends.
Yeah! Ovation Viper might do the trick. I have one and it reminds me more of an electric than an acoustic.

cap10kirk

My Fender has a 1-11/16" nut. So do Taylors...or, at least the Taylors I've owned and played, I don't know if all of them do. Takamine also has necks that feel more like electric guitars.

8len8

IMO the setup is more important than the maker/model.

Check out the Acoustic forum here.

DGrig

I have an Eastman E5-SS. It is a Gibson LG sized body but much more shallow. The neck on those are stoopid fast, easy, and comfortable to play. Also, aren't Taylors suppose to have electric like necks?

zul

Gold Supporting Member
My wife bought me a Taylor GS mini koa last year.
Shorter scale makes the 13's feel like 12's.
Loud acoustically and plays effortlessly.
ES2 system sounds great without fuss.
I use mine with a Red Eye fire eye DI and amp.
It's steadily becoming my gigging acoustic.

It's also my beat-around due to it's size and durability.
Plus ya get a great gig bag thrown in. Smart woman.

loki1982

I have a Peavey ecoustic guitar that fits that you are describing perfectly. It has a thin fast neck, closer to an electric than an acoustic feel.

mabinogeon

A really hoopy frood.
Gold Supporting Member
I had an Ovation that I kept 11s on and it played fast and smooth.

Guitarwiz007

Gold Supporting Member
Recently purchased a Godin A6 Ultra while my Guild Songbird gets some extensive love. Actually a pretty great little guitar with a very nice neck.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom