1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Acoustic tuners?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by randuro, Feb 16, 2007.

1. starfish

starfish Supporting Member

Peterson Srotoboflip. The built-in mic is great, the accuracy is unparalleled, and the sweetened tunings are like the cake under the icing.

2. Bruce

Bruce Member

I just went through this myself. I purchased the Black Intelitouch and the Planet Waves SOS. They're both going back to the store today. The Intelitouch has trouble deciphering what pitch you're at and the SOS, while accurate, won't tune your guitar if you like to tune in any thing other than standard tuning. I like to tune down a full step. I also have a Boss TU-2 which is better than both of them but if you don't have a pickup in your guitar then you're screwed.

3. eldungo

eldungo Senior Member

I agree with gtr777. I love my SOS tuner more everyday. It's always in my pocket and I've never been more accurately in tune. I lost one and went and got another right away. True, it's good only for standard tuning, but that's all I use. (except for my 12 string, but that's a whole other thing!) 15 bucks! Ya can't go wrong!