aCTION cOMPOSITION (improvisation over a chromatic theme, a Drip painting procedure)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by abergdahl, Jan 28, 2012.

1. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

One take as usual.. first a recorded a short theme in one of the loops of the octatrack and then i started improvising.. again just guitar (Soloway S15/Swan 27" scale in normal tuning), V-stack tweedy and the octatrack.
    Quite a few track are set to constantly record and loop so the "base lines" are sampled "live" guitar that is replayed with sequencer steps in diffrent pitches, it also has LP-filter, half speed, tweaked AMP parameter.. like a lot of the other tracks. Some tracks are also set so that i can slow down replay without affecting pitch..
    [SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/anders-bergdahl/fast-composition[/SOUNDCLOUD]
    The theme is A, C, A#, C#, B.. and i have no idea how to harmonize that.. :omg so I improvise..
    there was heated debate of Jackson Pollock recently, plying these type of things is almost like drip painting, you need to focus and be aware of what to add and what to add do the previous layer.
    Please feel free to comment, even if you hate it

2. pinner

pinner Silver Supporting Member

Thats some crazy stuff man. Not my thing but I liked it. Pretty abstract, liked all the crazy effects.

3. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

Thanks for listening and giving comments, much appreciated!

I'm very glad you liked it..