AD-900 stopped self-oscillating. HELP!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stereotypy, Jan 12, 2008.

1. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

i own this nice pedal - the maxon ad-900 - for over 2 years now. yesterday i wanted it to self-oscillate in our bands rehearsal but it didn't... it simply was.. well kinda to weak. the last time i self-oscillated with it is probably 2 months ago. the delay by itself sounds normal to my ears.

what is wrong?

thanks

2. Teahead

Teahead Member

Oscillation can be dependent on input signal, I've had delays that are almost impossible to oscillate without playing something first to get it started. Where others will take off all on their own with only some knob twiddling. Were there any variations in your set up? Different guitar or previous boosts maybe?

3. Dandy13

Dandy13 Member

my dm2 does that when the battery starts to die. Are you using the correct power supply? i believe the ad900 runs on 12 volts.

4. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

yes, i am using the flatliner power supply. so power supply shouldn't be the issue. the same with the input signal. i changed the order ad-900 <-> tc electronic tremolo. when it didn't oscillate i turned it back again but didn't make any difference.

i am going to try it out again at our next rehearsal on wednesday. well... i hope it just had a "bad day"....

5. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

tried it again and again. so there is definately no more self-oscillation and it had the best i have ever heard....

are there any opinions?! really need help there...

6. Teahead

Teahead Member

You could send it to someone to be tweaked. With the right ears and equipment the internal trimmers can be set up. Analog Man comes to mind, but maybe you would prefer someone in Europe?

7. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

well maybe i just open it myself and tweak it little to my ears... because i can't miss it for long time.... oh ho.... if i only knew... haha...

everythings fine for you mr. teahead?

8. Teahead

Teahead Member

Everything's great here Flo, thanks for asking mate! Just got myself a used Cornell 18/20 Plexi and enjoying it lots. Hope things are good with you also, aside form the sick AD-900?

Be sure to mark the trimmers before attempting any tweaks!