• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

ADA Flanger and Paul Gilbert Mod

ArtDecade

Anyone know where to find some instructions on how to do the Enhance mod? Instructions or tutorials? I think it's just a matter of tweaking a trim pot on the board so that the pedal goes into self-oscillation but I'm not totally sure. Thanks.

tholt

For those interested, here is a step-by-step guide on how to perform the Paul Gilbert ENHANCE MOD on the ADA PBF Flanger. Please be sure you ONLY MODIFY trim pot P11. Also, ADA is NOT responsible for users that choose to modify their pedals beyond factory specifications. This modification should only be performed by someone who has the right tools and experience.

DO NOT TOUCH OR ADJUST ANY OTHER TRIM POT ON THE PBF FLANGER.

Step 1: Remove (4) safety screws using a T10 TORX driver

Step 2: Remove bottom chassis

Step 3: Locate trim pot (P11)

Step 4: Rotate trim pot (P11) counter-clockwise to boost the ENHANCE using a small flat head screwdriver.

NOTE: The trim pot is VERY sensitive. You should have your guitar plugged in and the PBF Flanger powered ON during this step to ensure you adjust the TRIM POT to your desired amount of regeneration. DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER PART OF THE PCB.

Step 5: Replace bottom chassis
https://imgur.com/hZP8N9T

Step 6: Fasten (4) safety screws using a T10 TORX driver

https://imgur.com/eGziEsy

Last edited:

tholt

For those interested, here is a step-by-step guide on how to perform the Paul Gilbert ENHANCE MOD on the ADA "Big Box" Flanger. Please be sure you ONLY MODIFY the ENHANCE trim pot. Also, ADA is NOT responsible for users that choose to modify their pedals beyond factory specifications. This modification should only be performed by someone who has the right tools and experience.

DO NOT TOUCH OR ADJUST ANY OTHER TRIM POT ON THE ADA FLANGER.

Step 1: Remove (4) screws with rubber feet using a PHILLIPS driver

Step 2: Remove bottom plate

Step 3: Carefully push grey cable out of the way

Step 4: Rotate ENHANCE trim pot counter-clockwise to boost the ENHANCE using a small flat head screwdriver.

NOTE: The trim pot is VERY sensitive. You should have your guitar plugged in and the ADA Flanger powered ON during this step to ensure you adjust the TRIM POT to your desired amount of regeneration. DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER PART OF THE PCB.

Step 5: Replace bottom plate and fasten (4) screws with rubber feet using a PHILLIPS driver.

Last edited:

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
If you need the photos to perform the mod I would suggest not attempting to perform it yourself. The text posted describes the trim pots you will be adjusted and they should be labeled on the board with the associated info (P11 or Enhance). All you're doing is adjusting that trim pot slightly to raise the ceiling on the amount of feedback in the circuit.

LL1

Silver Supporting Member
Right. I didnt open it yet but i guess if trim pot p11 is labeled then pics arent necessary. Thanks

frankenstone

Gold Supporting Member
If you need the photos to perform the mod I would suggest not attempting to perform it yourself. The text posted describes the trim pots you will be adjusted and they should be labeled on the board with the associated info (P11 or Enhance). All you're doing is adjusting that trim pot slightly to raise the ceiling on the amount of feedback in the circuit.
Thanks for your input, but I'm sure there are folks out there (like myself) who think it would still be useful/helpful to see the pics. Presumably, that's why @tholt posted them in the first place.

Trending Topics