ADA Flanger

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jemlite, May 15, 2006.

1. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

I just picked up a '70s ADA Flanger and don't have a wall wart plug for it. Does anyone know what these take?

I thought I remember 18v? Also, what size is the barrel on the plug thingy? Tip +?

I really appreciate the help. It's so old, I'm afraid to use it unless I have the right adaptor. Many thanks.

2. brian marshall

brian marshall Member

i know for sure there are a couple guys at the hc forums that have them.

anyways, check out this site first... they may have a manual, and if not they have a forum dedicated to ada gear.

http://adadepot.com/

3. Madsman

Madsman Member

I don't think the 70's ADA Flanger had a wall wart. I think they were all attached. I know mine is.

4. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

Thanks Brian. There was some good info there. Unfortunately all the manuals and spec sheets are for the last reissue with the built in power supply/cord.

I think the very first ones were the wall wart. Then in the early 80's had a plug. The later reissues in the 90's were deffinately plugs.

Still looking for help. :(

5. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

...Hey, I just noticed that the ADA dealer letter pdf on ADAdepot was signed by Dean Farley from the early 80's... isn't that Pink Strat? Did he work there?

6. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

If memory serves correct, I think it was actually 16v (if not 18v), + tip, - sleeve...
    (I have an older one here - thanks BrewBeck! - and have been running it w/ a 15v adaptor as I couldn't find a 16v locally).

7. Ed Rembold

Ed Rembold Member

It's important that you positively identify your ADA flanger, as there are 4 revisions, and 1 re-issue

If I remember correctly, only Revision 3 was shipped with a wallwart, but there could be exceptions.

You can identfy revision 3 by looking at the pcb, it should have an MN3010 (not an SAD1024) and 4 diodes in the middle of the pcb. The serial number should be less than 22-7331

All ADA flangers were internally regulated to 15v dc.

So, a 18v DC wallwart with Positive Tip, Negative Sleeve (opposite what is now popular) should work.

hope this helps,
    Ed R.

8. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

Cool everyone.

The serial number inside mine is 221082. The boards got silicon gooped in the 4 corners holding it in, so I haven't looked at the chip yet.

OK, 18v DC ,+ tip it is. Anyone know what size barrel plug it is? It's bigger than a Boss.

Thanks!

9. sillybro

sillybro Member

I am also in need of a wall wart for mine. Please post when you find a supplier.

Thanks,