ada microcab II opinions?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by dorfmeister, Feb 24, 2009.

1. dorfmeister

dorfmeister Member

How does it compare to the Palmer devices? What is the going rate for one of these?

2. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

I sold mine years ago for $100. It sounded like 80's metal.

3. lespaulreedsmith

lespaulreedsmith Member

where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains
    I have tried other cab simulators (couldn't afford a Palmer or better yet wouldn't afford a Palmer) out of all the sounds in the ADA microcabs (the best being the 1x12 imho) the best bang for the buck with a decent 4x12 cab simulation and a direct box to boot was the,... the... the ...
    are ya ready?
    ... Behringer Ultra-G:boxer

I even liked it better than the H&K Red Box's slightly and it was cheaper... I have used mine live 3 times a week for the last 3 or 4 years now...:D

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I had one, also have a Redbox I got cheap. Kept the Redbox, the ADA is long since gone (as is the Groove Tubes). Both were noisy and didn't sound much better than the H&K, plus I can use the line out on my Weber Mass and get really good sounds as well...

5. Lance

Lance Member

I am kinda diggin the direct out on my Ethos TLE pedal. It's not as cool as micing a cab, but it doesn't annoy me going straight into a mixer. There are clips of the direct out used in the Clips section.