ADA MP1 Overdrive/Distortion sounds in a Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Nibiru, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Member

Greetings!

I'm a big fan of the ADA MP1 sound, and was looking to find a pedal that could recreate this sound. I sometimes have to travel to shows and cant always bring my preamp with me, so i'd really like to find a pedal that can do something similar (minus the chorus sounds of course!).

Any suggestions or info would be appreciated!!

2. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Well, the MP-1 is a preamp. So you are looking for preamp sounds in a pedal.

Best thing for you is probably a tube floor preamp like a Tubeman, V-Twin or Buddha Zen.

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Member

Well, i have a GT8 (trying to get away from using it live, dont like how it takes over the amps preamp!), and also use lots of other effects like chorus, delay, flange, and reverb in stompbox form. So basically i'm just looking for an OD/Distortion box (maybe an EQ) so then when i use different amps i KNOW i will have MY sound.

I'd like to find a Dean Markley Overlord tube pedal (also has 3 band EQ!), but now that i have a little money saved up, i can't seem to find one anywhere! Used to see them on Ebay all the time a few months ago, then poof!

So, i'm thinking of maybe trying these:
    EHX - English Muff'n
    Radial Tonebone - Classic or British Distortion
    ZVEX - Box of Rock/Metal
    MI - Crunch Box

Anyways, any recommendations on OD/Distortion boxes that can get a similar tone to an original stock ADA MP1 would be appreciated!

4. rgsss14

rgsss14 Gold Supporting Member

The MP-2 was a part of my live rig for years. How about the Fetto Deluxe?

5. bluesmann

bluesmann Guest

Yeah! i was thinking useing the GTs as a preamp/fx into the fx return or power amp input. I've had the mp1 in the past so i'm pretty familar with it. it had a great chorus to it also as does the boss GTs. there are a few amp sims in a pedal thing but i've haven't tryed alot of them. Menatone comes to mind.