Adam Jones Signature Gibson Les Paul in the works

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Boston617, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:11 AM.

1. Catatafish

Catatafish Supporting Member

Yeah her, sort of. Thanks for the link, I didn't know most of that. Truth be told, I never heard of her until that very mediocre player on SNL playing for Lizzo got some spotlight. At the time I was thinking "why?", she played like 4 notes and a chord that whole performance. So that explains why, I suppose she was paying tribute to Tharpe.

[​IMG]

2. duality

duality Member

man i love that silverburst
    fan since undertow
    wasnt old enough to hear opiate when it came out
    the boomer jealousy on this forum is hysterical

3. customguitars87

customguitars87 Member

And when it arrives it'll be made mostly of the pieces of older LPCs they had lying around the factory that weren't quite good enough to make it on a really great LP...

4. Thwap

Thwap Silver Supporting Member

Totally deserving of a sig model.
    I'm betting it MAPS out at minimum 7,999
    with a Murphy version at 12k

Bullseye092 likes this.
  5. sahhas

sahhas Member

shouldn't it be more like a 13 year wait? so you get it around 2033?

monty and CharAznable like this.
  6. stonem

stonem Supporting Member

Not a huge fan. I like em but not my favorite band. Either way I'm glad for him, hes unique and definitely earned it. This will be a cool guitar that will sell.

monty and Miracle Man like this.
  7. rufedges

rufedges Member

I was a big Tool fan back in the day, saw them live in 98’ and again in 2002/2003. However, they haven’t released an album since, what , 2005? Does anybody under 35 even know who they are anymore?..., this collaboration is probably 10+ years too late IMO.

8. RG7X

RG7X Supporting Member

I'm under 35. I love Tool and they did just release a new album last year.

prototype, monty and pentatonicwanker like this.
  9. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

LOL, it's OK to come out of your cave. Just wear a mask and observe social distancing.

[​IMG]

10. Bullseye092

Bullseye092 Supporting Member

Yep, I’m guessing a “normal” model at the $8kish mark. A limited run of aged and signed at at least 50% more

11. chrisr777

chrisr777 Member

When I saw them in January they played several new songs and I saw them with my son and his brother-in-law who were both 29 at the time. They have both seen them multiple times over the years. A Perfect Circle and Puscifer too.

12. Occam

Occam Silver Supporting Member

There are a handful of key things I wish I had money for years a back, Sunn Model T's when they were $200 all day (all through the late 90's), a 72 Orange OR120 full stack for $900 (around '94), but maybe the most is an original Silverburst LP for $750 around '96. I've always been more of a Gibson guy and I grew up a Raiders fan (Oakland only...they're dead to me moving away for a second time) and I loved that the Silverburst was more unique (especially back then). If I get a time-machine, on my way back from killing baby Hitler, I'm going to Morro Bay to get that LP.

monty likes this.
  13. bokeh

bokeh Member

Too bad it will probably only be a limited release like the Tony Iommi SG (They only made 20 and done). So it will pretty much be a super collectors item only. I'm a fan, but the peak of Tool is still Ænima for me. New album is just ok IMO. Even though I'm a guitarist I'd be more excited to get my hands on a Wal Bass ala Justin Chancellor.

14. bokeh

bokeh Member

I wonder why Fender doesn't capitalize on people wanting those amps... Seem pretty cheap to make and I know lots of people who want em including me.

15. thecoworker

thecoworker Member

16. chrisr777

chrisr777 Member

You can still get the Epiphone Iommi though. Not the Monkey guitar, still Iommi.

17. duality

duality Member

yep, and i defy anyone to disagree lol

Catatafish and bokeh like this.
  18. Occam

Occam Silver Supporting Member

They "reissued" them but made it all high gain. I also don't get why Orange doesn't make an actual OR120 clone. They had the OR50 but it sounds nothing like the old OR's, it also had way too much gain. Conrad Sundholm was making copies of the Sunn (he is the founder) and called it the Model C but that was a few years back.

19. ripley156

ripley156 Supporting Member

I always loved this one (I didn't look too hard, just found the first reference on Google)

Guitars
    Adam Jones uses the Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Customs, of which he owns three (it has been believed that he owned five because of a Guitar World cover, but in actuality the last two were copied) as his main guitars for live performances and in the studio. His main Les Paul has a headstock ornament. It appears to be a blue mirror, which covers the usual split diamond inlay Gibson Les Paul Customs are known for. Another of his Silverbursts is a 1981 model and (as described by Jones himself in an interview in 2001 with Australian Guitar magazine) has an unsightly screw in it that Jones will not remove because doing so may hurt the unique tone of the guitar. (This guitar with its screw can clearly be seen twice on the cover of the above mentioned Guitar World Magazine.)

monty likes this.
  20. kakev

kakev Member

If you’re gonna do something usefull maybe focus on baby Lenin, Baby Stalin, Baby Amin and Baby Mao.

I’m still not convinced there will be signature model. Or Tool live dvd. But if there will be signature model most likely it will be way too expensive all things considering. How does the play authentic gel with signature models btw.