• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Adam Jones Signature Gibson Les Paul in the works

Jim85IROC

That video is insane. I love how they show ultra closeups where you can see signs of corrosion. Only a Tool guy can come up with something that cool and weird.
here's the craziest part: I'm pretty sure that's all CGI, and not an actual guitar.

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
I'm sure most of those shots are the actual guitar given some of the flaws such as the pickup rings not fitting flush.

chrisjnyc

Silver Supporting Member
Interesting that they didn’t go full 70’s on the body dimensions/headstock shape.
Way to commit, Gibson.
I am seeing the volute, what is missing? Are you thinking of the early 70's LPC with the pancake body and 3 piece neck?

27sauce

I am seeing the volute, what is missing? Are you thinking of the early 70's LPC with the pancake body and 3 piece neck?
I’m talking about the shape/dimensions of the body and headstock. They’re like any other current Custom. The shapes were pretty different in ‘79.
The bodies were shorter and the pickup spacing was different, aside from the overall shape. Same with the headstock. See the relation of the tailpiece to the knobs?

SG_Seth

FYI - Be on the lookout for these serial numbers. 13 Adam Jones LPCs were just stolen off of a Sweetwater truck. 4 signed/aged and 9 VOS. $95k in gear. I know 4 of the guys who were expecting to receive these and they are absolutely gutted.

Trending Topics