Adam Stark Sex Amp - Information search

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by outbäckISH, Aug 18, 2008.

1. outbäckISH

outbäckISH Member

Hi I just bought an Adam Stark Sex Amp. I just love the sounds I get with it. I would really like to find out everything there is to know about this amp. Does anyone on this Forum know if Adam stark shipped the amp with documentation, or a buildsheet? I have Googled on Adam Stark and the Sex Amp but there is very little to be found there. I did a GP search but little has been written about Adam Starks gear. I looked at Adams website, but I get the feeling that he has quit building amplifiers. If anyone else here on the forum has some documentation from Adam Stark on the Sex Amp I would really like to see it. Thank You!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Why not just write Adam?

3. outbäckISH

outbäckISH Member

Hi Leonc

I did write Adam but have not heard back from him. I wrote him just a few days ago so he might not have seen my mail yet. My curiosity is overwhelming though! :)

4. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Adam made 10 each of 3 or 4 different amps. The Sex was his take on the Bassman circuit. So far as I know, he never did any case candy with them - the amp showed up, you plugged it in, life was good.

The Sex killed, beautiful amp, but louder than I could justify. When you could crank it? Oh my...

5. Mudder

Mudder Member

I have to ask...

Does it amplify the sex?

6. outbäckISH

outbäckISH Member

Hi David

The Sex Amp sure sounds nice when you play it loud. In fact it might be a little too loud for me to use when I practise in my band. We use a weak PA so the vocals get drowned out at even moderate soundlevels. I am going to use the amps overdriven tones on some recordings soon and I am really looking forward to that. I have a dummyload I will try it with in order to get the dirt from the amp at lower levels.

7. outbäckISH

outbäckISH Member

Hi Mudder

I am sure it does! :) I haven´t gigged with it yet so we will have to see about that.

8. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Well, it did until I blew an output testicle... :eek:

9. stark

stark Supporting Member

Just noticed the thread. No documentation needed. If you know how to plug your guitar in and crank it up, all is good. If you change power tubes bias to 22ma. Use an attenuator if it's too loud. Been focusing on finishing my record instead of evil amp thoughts! Enjoy. PM me if you have any more questions.

Adam Stark

10. outbäckISH

outbäckISH Member

Thanks alot Adam for posting on this thread. I just bought the amp and love the tones I´m getting. I searched the net for more info about the amp but there was little info out there.

I will PM You some questions about the amp. Thanks for posting!