adding a LED and 9v jack to a Dallas rangemaster

wsaraceni

Silver Supporting Member
building my first pedal using a small bear electronics rangemaster kit with an oc44 transistor. Im thinking its best to plan it out from the start with a 9v adapter, true bypass and a LED since it's so tight in the enclosure.

with the revese polarity plug needed, im not sure if things change. but essentially is this the correct way to wire up the pedal? I plan on using the kingtone battery box for 3 pedals on my board using batteries and even if I don't, I think I might have trouble fitting a 9v in my enclosure so I'd use the plug for a 9v as well.

im using a small bear kit and a 5 lug turret strip using these build instructions

gght

building my first pedal using a small bear electronics rangemaster kit with an oc44 transistor. Im thinking its best to plan it out from the start with a 9v adapter, true bypass and a LED since it's so tight in the enclosure.

with the revese polarity plug needed, im not sure if things change. but essentially is this the correct way to wire up the pedal? I plan on using the kingtone battery box for 3 pedals on my board using batteries and even if I don't, I think I might have trouble fitting a 9v in my enclosure so I'd use the plug for a 9v as well.

im using a small bear kit and a 5 lug turret strip using these build instructions
ibelie

I believe that’s a positive ground circuit, so you will need to use a different power supply or battery than most other pedals. They tend to be negative ground. The other thing to watch out for is wiring/type of power jack. I’m sure others will chime in.

wsaraceni

Silver Supporting Member
ibelie

I believe that’s a positive ground circuit, so you will need to use a different power supply or battery than most other pedals. They tend to be negative ground. The other thing to watch out for is wiring/type of power jack. I’m sure others will chime in.
thanks. That’s what I’m worried about. I won’t actually have an internal battery but I have no clue how to properly wire the Jack.

gght

If it were me, I’d not use the same type Jack as your other pedals, so as not to accidentally plug in a reverse polarity power supply and possibly fry your pedal. That being said, here is the way to do it.

Hopefully your powerjack is plastic body, otherwise you need to wire the Jack so that your positive isn’t connected to the metal body. Confusing huh! You could use your multimeter to make sure if you have a metal Jack.

Trending Topics